Assist in planning & executing activities associated with Exploration Support such as MDT / RCI / DST / Core Analyses-RE / PVT Reports as well as Production Profile and CAPEX-OPEX for Exploration Prospects & QA/ QC the final work.
Assist in planning & executing activities associated with Development Assets -such as Reservoir Simulation Model building and running various development scenario ( single & full field model runs), Risk and Uncertainty Analysis, Well Location and Completion Optimisation Studies, Field Optimisation Studies including integration with existing production assets, Long-Term Production Planning, etc & QA/ QC the final work.
Assist in planning & executing activities associated with Production Assets - such as Model Updation, Field Optimisation Studies, Long-Term Production Planning, Production Planning, Well Testing, Well/ Field Performance Analysis, Monitoring/ Surveillance, Simulation, Production Forecasting & QA/ QC the final work.
Provide RE Support to PMT & Yemen JV and other CBM & Shale Gas Businesses as needed.
Key Accountabilities (Either 1, 2 or 3 etc. depending upon whether working with Exploration Assets, Dev Assets, Producing Assets, JV, IBD or other businesses)
1. Execution & QA / QC of MDT / RCI / DST / Core Analyses-RE / PVT Reports as well as Production Profile and CAPEX-OPEX for Exploration Prospects
2. Assist in Planning & Executing Model Updation Activities for Producing Assets
3. Assist in Planning & Executing Field Optimisation Activities for Producing Assets including infill wells, Improved Recovery Methods, etc & QA / QC all inputs & outputs.
5 Execute RE activities associated with Portfolio Management - such as Integration of all RE and Geoscientific Data, Production Profile Generation, CAPEX - OPEX Estimation, Portfolio Ranking, Portfolio Optimisation, Economics
6. Assist in Planning & Executing RE activities necessary to complete Evaluation of IBD Opportunities such as Resource / Reserve Estimation / Generation of Production Profile / CAPEX-OPEX in case of Exploration Prospects; or Modelling / Simulation / Production Profile / CAPEX - OPEX Generation / Review for Development Prospects; or Production Analysis for Producing Assets
7. Assist in Planning & Executing RE activities associated with JV Assets such production monitoring /analysis, Analysis of well & field Performance, Analysis of Well Intervention Opportunities, Analysis of new infill wells / revisions to field development plan, Work Programme / Budget, JV Proposal Analysis etc.
Competencies Proficiency Level (1-4)
A. Core RIL Competencies
Presentation Skills / Communication Skills 1
Interpersonal Skills 1
HSE, HUET skills 1
B. Business / Function-specific Competencies (Technical /Functional)
Good technical abilities in Reservoir Engineering
Good Knowledge of technology, tools and processes used in Well Testing, Formation Testers, Core & PVT Analyses 3
Good Knowledge of technology, tools and processes used in Reservoir Simulation / Modelling / Development Plan Preparation 3
Good Knowledge of technology, tools and processes used in Production Planning, Well/ Field Performance Analysis, Monitoring/ Surveillance, Production Forecasting 3
Good Knowledge of all aspects of Reservoir Engineering at various stages of the field life cycle. 3
Unique characteristics necessary for good performance
Understand technical requirements and skill sets needed to complete reservoir engineering & geosciences workflows for all areas of RMG responsibilities including RE and RC functions and Producing Asset Teams.
QA /QC of MDT / RCI / DST / Core Analyses-RE / PVT Reports as well as Production Profile and CAPEX-OPEX for Exploration Prospects
QA / QC of Network Integrated Simulation Models / Reservoir Depletion plan for Development & Producing Assets
QA / QC of Prospect Evaluation for IBD
QA / QC of Input to JV decisions related to RE.
QA /QC of input for Portfolio Analysis.
Experience & Educational Requirements
Include Additional Certification Required if any
• Baccalaureate degree in Petroleum Engineering or Equivalent Engineering Degree from a recognised university
Type of roles (and duration) which an individual ideally should have done in his/her prior experience to be detailed
Minimum 5years experience in E&P of which 3 years experience in Reservoir Engineering Operations / Simulation/ production Assets
Major / international oil company experience highly desirable
Scope of Work
a) Financial Scope (Range of financial spend): None
b) People Management Scope (Range of no. of Direct Reports): None
c) Geography Coverage (Country-wide/ Region-wide / Location-wide / Other) : Domestic or International
d) Corporate Coverage (Company-wide / Business or Function-wide / BU or Sub-function-wide / Other): Sub-Function- RE Team / Asset Team