Updated: Aug 23 2012
||Facilities Manager, Project Management, Construction
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Port Harcourt, Nigeria
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Seeking a professional Facilities Manager to plan, manage and supervise the effective management of an extensive corporate facilities group. Our client is a leading international player in the Oil and Gas industry with operations throughout the continent. The incumbent will be responsible for the proper execution of management procedures to maintain asset worth and support corporate image and operations. This position is based in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
• Responsible for the supervision and coordination of all facilities management operations.
• Will be keenly involved in any modification projects & will advise management on its effect on productivity.
• Liaises with management to prepare budget estimates, expenditure tracking and work status reports.
• Assists management in the obtaining of needed permits and licenses and ensures compliance with local regulations.
• Supports the sourcing of required external contractors.
• Designs and executes tracking systems to monitor Facilities Management related costs as well as liaising with Line managers to manage KPIs and reduce overall cost.
• Coordinates and oversees proper operations of facility systems, maintenance schedules, security and repair teams.
• Makes inputs on contract preparation in conjunction with supply and legal department.
• Organizes maintenance events involving various departments to ensure efficiency and safety.
• Manages agreements related to facilities management in compliance with requirements of the company.
• Initiates programs to optimize performance and puts in place quality control procedures using LEAN methodology to regularize functions and meet performance targets.
• Promotes safety and security of personnel and assets at all times.
Qualifications & Skills:
• A bachelor's degree in Engineering or Facilities Management and 5+ years experience in a similar or related role (e.g., Project Management, Construction, etc.).
• Experience within a complex and technical work environment preferred.
• Experience in the inspection and assessment of buildings, building materials and equipment preferred.
• Must be highly analytical, assertive and a firm decision maker.
• Able to motivate and build a strong team.
• Able to continually assess performance and make timely and necessary improvements/recommendations/corrections.
• Able to meet set deadlines.
• Strong negotiation skills.
Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Salary: Compensation is competitive.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available