Mackinnon Bruce International
Updated: Aug 28 2012
||Geologist, Geophysicist, Seismic
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||120,000 - 160,000 dependant on experience
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
My client, a major international operator, is actively involved in the exploration and production of oil and gas in Norway. The company received its first operatorship on the Norwegian Continental Shelf in 2002 and in 2008 production commenced from their first operated development in Norway. The Norway office is located in Stavanger. Headquarted globally in Houston, my client employs over 3,000 employees worldwide and has operations in 10 countries. They are now seeking to grow their Norwegian office by expanding their exploration and production team.
Because of this expansion, they are seeking a Growth Exploration Manager / Team Lead to lead a newly created team of 6 technical professionals. The team will develop a portfolio to deliver resources and start production. This position reports into the current Exploration Manager.
• Technical and functional responsibility for the exploration workflows in the country.
• You will assist senior management in the creation and implementation of exploration projects, ensuring that technical work is carried out to the highest level.
• You will also be required to build and maintain external relationships across the wider region with JV partners, stakeholders and Authority figures.
• Identify and mature significant growth opportunities
• Evaluate and recommend business opportunities for Growth Exploration from exploration prospects, existing discoveries, and marginal fields close to operated infrastructure
• You will have a demonstrable background as either a Geologist or Geophysicist, with proven experience of leading a diverse team in an active drilling environment.
• BSc minimum in a related discipline such as Geology or Geophysics, an MSc is advantageous but not pre-requisite
• Strong geophysical fundamentals with interpretation experience both in regional 2D & 3D seismic
• Clear communicator with strong written, oral/presentation abilities and pro-active work ethic and ability to lead a subsurface team
• Fundamental regional geological knowledge of the North Sea, Norwegian Sea, and/or Barents Sea
In return my client offers a competitive salary plus benefits package and an enthusiastic and dynamic working environment, along with a fantastic opportunity for international travel and career progression. Salary dependant on level of experience.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available