Updated: Aug 21 2012
||Drilling Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
||Port Gentil, Gabon
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Designs individual wells as part of a specific drilling program. Works closely with Exploration and Development on the location of the well and the expected geological sub-surface structures. Manages the drilling plan from launch to completion. Ensures that at all times the Safety, Fire, Environmental, and Health policies of the are followed. Follows through for the implementation of the drilling program. Ensures that the contractors are meeting their obligations in terms of staff, equipment and materials to perform the agreed contractual obligations adequately. Tracks and monitors contractors' performance against their commitments to the drilling plan and ensure the drilling pan comes in on time and within budget.
The responsibilities of Drilling Engineer include:
1. Manages individual drilling programs. Performs supervisory functions and exercises financial authority at the level established by Senior Management for this position. Deputizes for Drilling Manager in his absence.
2. Works on new drilling program from Drilling Manager. Designs the well specifications taking into account the information presented from Exploration and Development and the experience gained from previous benchmarked wells drilled in the field. Draws on sources of local experience to maximize knowledge base prior to the final design.
3. Prepares drilling budget with estimated costs and time frame. Reviews with Drilling Manager for approval.
4. Generates Authorization For Expenditure for the drilling program based on estimations and outputs and tenders from contractors and forwards to Drilling Manager for review and approval.
5. Initiates Drilling Program and liaises with contractors to ensure the logistics are clearly understood by all parties prior to the commencement of the drilling program. Establishes pre job safety meetings and ensures all contractors conform to the safety and fire rules to be employed on the drilling site.
6. Receives feed back form the Drilling supervisor on a daily basis and evaluates the inputs to ensure that all aspects of the program are within budget and on schedule. Identifies any variation in the schedule and the planned schedule and undertakes an analysis and modification to the drilling plan in conjunction with the Drilling Manager.
7. Undertakes the day to day management of the drilling program by monitoring the activities at the site and reviews all incoming data. Discusses activities with the rig supervisor and identifies action to be taken on any variances to the plan.
8. Stays abreast of current developments in well design and the oil drilling industry to ensure the use of latest techniques and technology can be utilized as required.
9. Follows all safety, fire health and environmental policies of the Company at all times.
10. Undertakes the training of nationals as directed by Management.
11. Undertakes similar or related duties as requested by the Management of the Company.
B.Sc in Mechanical Engineering. Completion of the Drilling Program or its equivalent are required.
At least 10 years in practical oil drilling Engineering.
Good Excel skills, Word skills.
Good written & spoken French and English are required (French is not mandatory, but a plus)
A current driving license certificate is required.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available