Updated: Sep 24 2012
||Electrician, Electronics Tech, Field Service Tech
||Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort , we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Iron Derrickman, a Weatherford Company (WFT-ID), is a Calgary based group specializing in the design of automated and mechanized systems for the drilling industry. Scope We are currently looking for a Electrical Field Service Technician based out of our Calgary office. The focus of this position is to support and maintain the Iron Derrickman® products across the region. The successful candidate with a strong electrical background will provide field technical support to our Customers performing, installations, inspections, maintenance and troubleshooting of WFT-ID products under the guidance of the Service Manager. Duties
- Mechanical and Electrical inspections, maintenance and troubleshooting of Iron Derrickman products at customer locations.
- Installation and Commissioning of products.
- Specialized troubleshooting of products, either directly or supported by Service Specialist
- Development and execution of systems and plans for streamlined quality field installation.
- Field training of customers and Junior Technicians.
- Assembly and troubleshooting of Iron Derrickman products at their Manufacturing facility.
- Make safety of the equipment a priority
- Maintain a focus on cost control and profitability
- Liaison with WFT-ID service department and the customer to ensure all issues are dealt with
- Work to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction
- Support and comply with all company policies
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
- Understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
- Carry out work assignments to the highest quality level
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong Computer skills including MS Office
- Self motivation and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Sound technical knowledge of rigs and equipment
- Sound hydraulics knowledge
- Good electronics and rig network communication awareness
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Knowledge and experience to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with management, employees, and customers.
- Strong Computer Skills including Microsoft Office
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available