The Virtual Bench
Updated: Mar 18 2013
||Chemist, fuels additives
||Great salary, bonuses, and benefits
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Virtual Bench is a premier recruiting and staffing firm focused on providing quality engineering candidates to some of the top firms in the industry. Our client, one of the major global energy companies is looking for a chemist/scientist with a strong fuels additive background. To be considered, candidates MUST:
• currently reside in the US (those living in Canada, Mexico or other places outside the US will NOT be considered)
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• meet the requirements specified below
Within Projects & Technology, Global Solutions Downstream provides efficient and effective technology services to the Downstream businesses and selected third parties. We also provide the technology support and solutions that help to make our commercial products some of the best in the world.
Projects & Technology division provides technical services, technology capability, and major project delivery in both Upstream and Downstream activities. We also deliver differentiating technology and drive research and innovation to create technology solutions for tomorrow.
The role as Fuels Additives Expert will include:
• Develop new additives and components via a process of screening, formulation, and demonstration of benefits
• Lead additive formulation and additive selection programs and interface with suppliers at the technical level to deliver high quality and added value products
• Ensure that new additive technologies represent opportunities for product differentiation in relevant future engine technologies
• Be creative, innovative and drive opportunities for the commercialization of new technology in a mature market
• Look for opportunities to harvest and develop ideas from external partners
• Generate intellectual property to support new and existing products, and ensure all appropriate intellectual property is duly protected
• Deliver to budget and customer satisfaction in your areas of responsibility
• Develop your own competencies and help others within the team to develop theirs
• Ensure that the standards regarding health and safety are being adhered to
• MS in Chemistry, PhD preferred or commensurate/related work experience and proven experience of the delivery of project-based activities in a performance fuel additive research and development environment
• Minimum of 10-15 years experience in fuel additive development and be an industry-recognized additive expert
• Familiar with the fundamental science underlying most phenomena occurring during the use of fuel in engines and additive chemistry's and functionalities
• Develop improved prediction of performance, and identifying opportunities for innovation and the commercialization of technology
• Engage in fundamental studies of gasoline and diesel research, ideally with a focus on fuel additives, and should have excellent analytical skills
• Ability to work on teams working across functions and locations and work effectively in multinational, multidisciplinary teams with colleagues at all levels is essential
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available