Updated: Jul 30 2012
||Construction Engineer, Construction Manager
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- Plans, organizes, and ensures adequate monitoring of all field engineering support operations.
- Establishes, monitors, and maintains construction engineering quality control in the field.
- Provides guidance regarding scope of work, schedules, procedures, field construction problems and technical information. Maintains project control documentation, design drawings and specifications, backcharge documents, change orders, etc.
- Monitors contractor performance pertaining to schedule and conformance to plans and specifications.
- Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with project engineering, customer representatives, and contractors. May have frequent contact with upper level management and customer personnel.
- Makes decisions regarding long range planning, scheduling, budgeting, work priorities and personnel. Provides advice on field engineering procedures, construction methods, and financial matters to management.
- Completes other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- BA/BS in related field or applicable discipline preferred, or equivalent years experience. Masters degree or professional certifications preferred. Expert knowledge of applicable theories, practices, and accepted procedures.
- Generally 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Possesses and is recognized as a functional expert and thought leader within the department and broader organization. Anticipates complex internal and external business issues with impact on the organization and can recommend innovative program and/or program solutions. Contributes to strategic program development.
- Advanced proficiency with applicable software applications in related field. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills. Accuracy and attention to detail critical. Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities is critical. The ability to effectively communicate in English and take a leadership role in preparing and presenting complex program proposals and reports to senior level management is critical. Strong ability to persuade and influence others is critical.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to guide department personnel in partnership with and during manager's absence is essential. Ability to maintain confidential information is critical.
- Generally characterized as a ''Leader'' or ''Principal'' with the ability to conceptually interpret and guide the department program design and development. Ability to lead complex and often cross-functional project teams.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available