The Velosi Group, founded in 1982, provides quality assurance and quality control services to a number of leading national and multinational oil and gas companies. The Velosi Group operates globally through four principal offices in the USA, the UK, Malaysia and the UAE and has operational or representative offices in a further 27 countries worldwide.
Our Houston, TX office is currently seeking a Drilling Logistics Supervisor
- Experience working in Upstream Operations, preferably Drilling support activities and related materials, equipment and services.
- Experienced in starting up new operations from the ground up. Ability to quickly and efficiently develop and build a new operation in a truly remote frontier region
- Experience in material handling equipment (cranes, forklifts)
- Must be able to demonstrate sound ethical practices in the supervision of local labor, inventory control, oil field accounting, and contract administration
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Good interpersonal / team skills
- Ability to build and manage an effective team
- Must be extremely flexible and adaptable to various working and living conditions
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and possess excellent administrative and organizational competencies
- Must be in good health and able to handle stress due to short deadlines, emergency situations, extreme remoteness, lack of infrastructure, and cultural differences for travel and work in venture operations
- Conduct initial in-country scouting trips to determine and assess logistical requirements
- Supervises supply base/warehouse operations including movement of materials and equipment, personnel, supply vessels/trucks, and aircraft to maintain a consistent level of logistics and procurement support of international drilling activities
- Primary contact with custom officials and freight forwarding companies for import/export clearance of materials and equipment. Maintains appropriate import/export records and required documentation for internal and regulatory requirements
- Assists with contract tendering exercises for supply base/warehouse facilities, marine vessels, aviation (fixed and rotary wing), stevedoring, and custom-clearing agents
- Maintain performance-tracking records of supply base operations and logistics source contracts as a tool for efficiency and continuous improvement opportunities
- Supervise, train, mentor and develop skill sets of national logistics and materials management personnel from start-up to affiliate stage of operations
- Ensures that logistics operations are in conformance with all the clients' environmental, health, and safety requirements: actively supports and participates in the clients' Management system
- Gain alignment with Drill Team on base business service's needs, objectives and requirements
- Comply with local in-country regulations, and requirements
- Assure compliance with standards and requirements
- Develop and maintain KPI's and metrics for supported operations
- Periodically perform internal assessment to assure compliance with controls
- Manage and report effectiveness for logistics managed activities
- College Degree preferred;
- Minimum 5 years working experience in supply and logistics, preferably in international frontier
Velosi Ltd was established in 1982. By utilizing the services of our sister company, Intec (UK) we are capable of delivering Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
For a free, confidential service register your details on Velosi-Intec where you will find a full list of live positions. on-going requirements include; ATEX Inspector, Civil Engineers, Coating Inspector, Commissioning Engineers, Drilling Engineer, Electrician, HSE, Inspectors, Instrument Engineer/Technicians, Labourer, Mechanic, Mechanical & Electrical Engineer/Fitters, Operator, Pipeline Engineer/Supervisor/Inspector, Piping Engineer/Supervisor/Inspector, Planning Engineers, Process Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Manager, QA/QC Engineer/Managers, Quantity Surveyors/Cost Engineers/Project Controls/Estimators, Riggers, Safety Advisor/Officer/Engineers, Site Managers, Supervisor/Superintendents, Turbine Engineer/Fitters and many more.
Velosi Intec is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC).