Calfrac Well Services
Updated: Aug 17 2012
||Environmental Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Training Rep
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Williston, ND, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Provides service and support for the company's HSE management system at the District to both management and field staff. Provides leadership in implementation, development and administration of safety practices, policies and training through various methods.
- Reporting, investigation/analysis, development of corrective action plans for incidents and near misses with supervisors/manager. Reporting of incidents internally and externally to regulatory agencies as necessary.
- Conduct regular HSE inspections of facilities and field work sites. Document inspections and assist management in developing corrective action plans. Follow up on completion of action plans.
- Conduct regular audits of safety critical processes (e.g. pre-trip inspections, DOT logs, etc.)
- Provide HSE technical support to field crews and management as needed.
- Coordinate and manage worker's comp issues, including reporting of incidents, coordination of modified work program, investigate claims, report and manage all necessary reports.
- Manage and support safety meeting processes, both at facility and at field work sites.
- Ensure required HSE reporting to Division office is completed on time and accurately.
- Lead HSE risk assessment initiatives at facility and work sites, including supporting JSA process at field work sites.
- Oversee and provide general safety training including new employee orientation.
- Manage general environmental regulatory requirements spill response and hazardous waste management.
- Manage District MSDS files.
- Act as District RSO, including maintenance of files, administration of leak tests, regular inspection of gauges, management of licenses, ensure compliance to company radiation manual and federal/state radiation requirements.
- DOT compliance (driver file maintenance, random vehicle inspections, audit of logs, audit of hazmat compliance).
- General OHSA compliance and compliance to internal HSE requirements
- Post secondary education (2 year Associate Degree minimum).
- 5 years minimum oil and gas field experience, with extensive HSE experience (pressure pumping experience desirable).
- HSE certification (preferred) such as NASP EHS Management Specialist, OHST, etc.
- Trainer accreditation in HSE related courses (HAZMAT, HAZWOPER, driver trainer, forklift operator trainer, etc.)
- Team orientated, but able to set personal objectives and work on a stand alone basis.
- Incident investigation/root cause analysis training.
- Must be excellent communicator and be able to establish rapport with field staff.
- Proficient in Outlook, MS Office, digital scanning software, digital photo operation and general computer usage/electronic file management.
- Position requires extensive field travel and will sometimes require long hours in the field in adverse work/climatic environments. Work involves some lifting, extensive walking/climbing and wearing of personal protective equipment including hard hat, steel toed boots, respiratory protective equipment, goggles, etc.
- Must have clean driving record
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available