Universal Personnel, LLC
Updated: Aug 7 2012
||Planner / Scheduler, primavera
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
PLANNING / SCHEDULING CONSULTANT NEEDED FOR E&P IN HOUSTON
- Direct Hire / Staff Position
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Competitive Salary
We're looking for a Senior-Level experienced Planner / Scheduler with strong risk background to perform in a role as the in-house Consultant / Technical Expert. (This is not a traditional project planning or cost control role but a unique opportunity to influence major projects.)
The Planning / Scheduling Consultant will be expected to:
- Work closely with a senior multi-discipline team that reports directly to executive management - serving as an integral member of the Worldwide Projects Group, which is responsible for helping guide the future success of Major Capital Projects.
- Maintain Earned Value metrics and KPI's on Major Capital projects.
- Carry out schedule assurance reviews / peer reviews of project schedules (owner and contractors) in preparation of tollgate sanction.
- Run cost and schedule risk analysis workshops, and be able to use Primavera Risk Analysis (PertMaster) to build risk adjusted schedules to determine confidence levels for project success.
- Manage summary schedules of Portfolio of Projects for corporate reporting.
- Develop corporate standards and procedures for Planning and Scheduling.
- Mentor and assist new Project teams set up planning in early project phases.
- Develop (and present) PowerPoint presentations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related field is highly preferred.
- 10-15 years' experience in Planning and Scheduling for Major Capital Projects in the Energy Sector.
- Proven experience reviewing, analyzing and carrying out assurance activities on Contractor Schedules.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Software.
- Proven experience with Earned Value Management.
- Good working knowledge of Risk Management and Risk Analysis using Primavera Risk Analysis (PertMaster).
- The proven ability to develop estimates and carry out Estimate Assurance.
- Strong Oil and Gas Owners background (Offshore/ Onshore facilities, LNG Plants, Pipelines).
- Working knowledge of Primavera P6 Analytics business intelligence solution or Acumen Fuse Analytics is preferred.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to communicate clearly with a wide range of technically diverse individuals and teams.
- Good business acumen, personal ethics, and integrity above reproach.
- A high aptitude and extreme attention to detail.
- The ability to work well with minimal supervision - self-starter on assigned duties.
- The ability to see the big picture, and know where best to add value.
- A high level of skill with Project Systems.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available