Updated: Oct 25 2012
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Experience should include but is not limited to: Basic CNC knowledge and operation for Fanuc control Set ups; qualifying tools, changing tools and chuck jaws ect. Use of inspection tools, scales micrometer, calipers ect Offset control Read blueprints Basic math Bonus experience Manual mill & lathe Third shift schedule is from 10:00PM till 6:30AM beginning Sunday evening and ending Friday morning. Off days would be Friday and Saturday evening. >Duties and Responsibilities:
- All safety rules and regulations must be conformed to at all times.
- Use PC to determine next job to run on CNC machine.
- Identify correct CNC program/Tooling package and download the program to the CNC machine.
- Check that material type, cast number and work order document is correct for the job being carried out.
- Verify that the CNC program, tooling set up, package and routing documents match and the correct revision of the drawing is being used.
- Log all relevant information in the Manufacturing Data Collection system - set up and run times, start/stop times, quantities, stop codes, downtime, quality issues, etc.
- Ensure that all new programs/set ups are proven. Control of machine must be in such a way that provides opportunity to see any program errors that may have been missed and damage to tooling/equipment/product be avoided.
- Any errors should be communicated to the Shop Lead/General Manager.
- Ensure that a ''first piece'' inspection is carried out on all jobs by the appropriate inspector before continuing with job.
- Continuous monitoring of the machine and cutting tool performance during the manufacturing process against the drawing and in accordance with the work instructions.
- Record cycle/lead times for all relevant operations on the router.
- All threads to be gauged and all burrs and sharp edges to be removed unless otherwise instructed in the work instructions.
- If authorized, make any program amendments/edits to achieve the appropriate efficiency, quality and dimensional accuracy of the operation. Any modifications to the program or changes to the tooling sheet must be recorded.
- Non-complying components during set up and run must be kept separate from good or re-workable parts and the Production Manager/General Manager should be made aware of these.
- Any re-workable parts should be reworked, with appropriate documentation.
- After completion of the job, the work order package must be submitted/filed as required and tooling should be returned to the appropriate locations.
- Any quantity of unused material should be logged using the material returns procedure and returned to the appropriate storage location.
- All completed components should be cleaned and placed in a storage/transport container in such a way that damage should not occur while in transit to the next operation.
- Deburring should be carried out where possible using hand, bench or machine operations.
- All equipment should be handled/stored in a safe manner and in such a way that no damage occurs.
- Work area should be kept clean and tidy at all times and all spillages/chip dispersion should be dealt with at the earliest opportunity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literate.
- Good writing, analytical and problem‐solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Good organizational skills.
- Able to act on own initiative.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Team Player and motivator.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- CNC Machining certification or equivalent
- At least three (3) years experience as CNC operator/setter (Fanuc controls preferred).
- Must be computer literate.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic machining and gage/measurement tools.
- Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available