SunTerra Well Services
Updated: Aug 22 2012
||Field Comm / SCADA, Logging
||Commensurate upon experience
||Texas, Colorado, Wyoming, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Position: Data Acquisition Technician
Location: United States
Reports to: Instrumentation and Data Services Manager
Salary: Commensurate upon experience
SunTerra Well Services, a leader in NonDamaging Reservoir Technologies, currently has an opening for a Data Acquisition Technician to join our Instrumentation and Data Acquisition Services Team. This is a multifaceted technical position that requires solid analytical, technical, and troubleshooting skills.
RESPONSiBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Analyze gas composition during the drilling process using a gas chromatograph.
- Analyze data from downhole tools.
- Compile reports based on well data collected from multiple sources on a strict scheduled basis.
- Rig up/down and maintain the gas chromatograph and related components.
- Rig up/down and maintain downhole data tools.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Assist the Instrumentation and Data Acquisition Manager as needed.
- Assist in the preparation, assembling, rig up, rig down and testing of the MPD/UBD equipment as needed or directed by the Well Site Supervisor.
- H.S Diploma or equivalent. A degree in a technical discipline is preferred.
- At least 3 years oil field experience preferred. UBD/MPD or Mud Logging background would be an advantage.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must possess or can get a valid passport
- Must be willing to travel and handle extended stays away from home in motels or drilling sites.
- Must have experience with the following programs:
- All Microsoft Office Programs
- Logplot (or similar)
- Downhole tools graphing software
- Chromatograph Logging Software
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess strong analytical skills and be detail oriented.
- Have a practical and proactive approach
- Must possess strong computer skills
- Have an aptitude to absorb a wide range of technical information including geology, chemistry, mechanics, electronics, and computer science
- Be able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Requires strenuous activities including walking, bending, climbing, and being able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Full medical, dental, and vision package. Premiums are 100% paid for by SunTerra
- 401K with company match up to 5%.
- 3 weeks paid vacation after 90 day probation period ends
- 5 days paid personal time off
- Yearly Bonus Opportunity
- Company provided uniforms and all safety equipment.
- All travel expenses are paid for by SunTerra Well Services.
SunTerra Well Services provides excellent, modern, private onsite living quarters. Each trailer is equipped with:
- Individual bedrooms for each team member that include a bathroom with shower.
- A flat screen TV with DirecTV service in each bedroom and living room as well.
- Wireless internet access.
- A full kitchen and living room along with a washer and dryer.
All potential employees must submit to a background check and successfully pass a preemployment drug screen.
SunTerra Well Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available