Updated: Jan 28 2013
||Environmental Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
||Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our client is looking for a qualified Health, Safety, and Environment Coordinator who will adopt and develop the company's HSE policies & procedures that relate to the solids control service we provide on land drilling operations. This position is a management position aimed at assessment and companywide adherence to the rules and regulations that keep our people and customers safe. Job duties will include:
- Immersing self in current company culture and HSE program
- Identifying & recognizing hazards presented for the all processes involved in serviced provided.
- Communicate and record all HSE happenings within IS Networld.
- Reporting to, and presenting concepts to management team.
- Compliance audits and training following up with daily meetings and reviews of reports.
- Advise on compliance with HSE regulations specific to OSHA guidelines.
- Lead on incident investigation; prepare JSA's and bi-monthly and monthly drilling and separation safety reports.
Our goal is to achieve a no time loss year, every year.
- High School Diploma
- Competent computer skills.
- General knowledge of the oil & gas industry.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work well and communicate well with others.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record, and willingness to travel.
- 2-4 year degree or a Two year Technical safety degree preferred.
- HSE managing experience.
- OSHA specific training pertaining to land drilling operations.
- Certification to train heavy equipment operators
- Other oilfield experience.
- Ensure that all operations are carried-out safely according to HSE requirements.
- Ensure employees are following OSHA guidelines and standards
- Participate and adhere to safety and training programs
- Travel to remote rig locations for rig-up/down, assess and document as well as promote higher standards of safety to employees
- Complete daily health and safety report as well as related paperwork
- Represent the company while working with both Drilling Contractor and Operator
- Communicate with customer representative on location and ensure job optimization as well as safety
- Coordinate with Team Leaders to ensure safe acts and new processes are implemented in a timely manner
- Conduct investigations on recordable accidents with precise documentation and records
- Role is critical to field operations.
- The ability to make sound and safe decisions based on customer requirements.
- Meticulously completing required paperwork associated with HSE for customers and internally.
- Dealing with varied personalities of rig crew, operator, and team members.
- Working long hours and driving at times.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available