Eurosearch & Selection
Updated: Jul 27 2012
||Mechanical Engineering, Field Inspector
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
• Conduct internal and external planned and unplanned inspections on all static equipment /facilities.
• Coordinate with NDT group after determining the appropriate NDT applicable to assess the equipment condition.
• Evaluate the result of all visual inspection and NDT data and determine the most optimal cost effective repair method and issue an inspection report (worksheet) outlining the repair and QA/QC steps.
• Issue inspection worksheet for any findings in the assigned area and follow up with execution.
• Monitor the repairs as per company/international standards for their final acceptance after the required tests.
• Issue equipment final inspection reports documenting all the findings, NDT results, repairs, testing and recommendations for future use and reference.
• Maintain inspection files, records and keep them up to date. Periodically review the data base information and ensures that appropriate repairs/replacements to the equipment are recommended. Also assures that all required on stream inspections such as NDT are performed on time.
• Attend meetings with Operations and maintenance Engineers for respective units.
• Prepare job list for shutdown testing and inspection (T&I) requirements for all equipment and piping circuits and participates to finalize the T&I scope of work.
• Anticipate equipment and piping retirement and initiate appropriate steps.
• Reviewing of NDT reports and corrosion analysis (remaining service life calculation based on corrosion rate).
• Retirement thickness calculation, corrosion rate calculation, remaining service life calculation and advising for any repairs/replacement/re-rating requirements.
• Quality Inspection of new platform installation, commissioning & start-up through EPIC Contractors, Revamping and modifications of existing platforms and structures.
• Platform modification work for work over jobs, laying of new subsea pipelines and onshore pipelines & onshore processing facilities.
• Ensure that all the inspections are carried out as per the codes &standards.
• Recommendations should be given as per inspection findings.
• Coordinate with Field Engineering Superintendent for all technical issues related to inspection findings.
• Undertake Asset Integrity Management for onshore and offshore Assets.
• Provide effective and professional Engineering and supervisory service to the field and report to engineering department.
• Should be able to perform surveillance audit on supplier quality Management system, analysis on quality issues to define and request for corrective and preventive action, develop the existing system, improve the process and involve in continuous development of Company's quality management system.
• Engineering degree (Mechanical/Metallurgical Engineering or equivalent).
• 10-15 years' experience, preferably including arduous assignments ref third world operations
• Good English language skills written and spoken. Greatly advantageous would be at least a basic knowledge of spoken Russian.
• Proven supervisory/management experience, 5 years minimum
• Good computer skills with MS Office programmes
• Proven track record in NDT techniques
• Awareness of various international codes, standards and specifications for manufacturing, inspection, testing and to execute projects.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available