Hays Oil & Gas
Updated: Jul 27 2012
||£50000.00 - £85000.00 per annum
||City of London, United Kingdom
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Principal Pit Mining Engineer
Excellent Career Prospects
Impressive Industry leading Consultancy with a large Global presence are looking to expand their workforce due to increased demand. This role will suit experienced Pit Mining Engineers.
The work will involve undertaking the following activities:
- dump design and optimisation studies
- mine design, optimisation and scheduling
- reserve evaluations, production schedule, mine equipment and economic evaluation
- project management and co-ordination
- mentoring Consultant and Senior Consultant level staffEssential Requirements of the role include:
- Degree or equivalent in a mining related subject with the majority of experience gained in an international (non-UK) environment
- Previous relevant practical and operational experience gained in a mining environment
- Experience of working with a variety of commodities
- Evidence of exposure to different aspects of the open pit mine planning processes including planning/scheduling and production controls
- Competent in using major mining software, e.g. XPAC, Vulcan and Surpac. Candidates will be required to set up projects using XPAC software.
- Proven track record of bringing projects in on time, within budget and to the clients satisfaction
- Strong leadership and business development skills
- Competent report writing skills
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written EnglishThis position involves working in multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects in the UK and overseas and international travel will form a significant part of the role.
Please feel free to send in your cv immediately.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available