J-W Energy Company
Updated: Aug 17 2012
||Design Engineer, Petroleum Engineering, Process Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Casper WY or Barstow OK, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
SUMMARY: This individual will provide engineering support for both ongoing operations and development of new businesses. This position will apply "hands on" field experience with grassroots process equipment design to all parts of a project's life-cycle from conception to implementation and on into maintenance. Responsibilities will include completing a process model simulation and then designing each correlating piece of equipment (separators, filter separators, Gas Production Units, etc).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: may include any or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the design of 2nd and 3rd phase process equipment including the evaluation of different scenarios to determine the best solution as well as sizing of all components including MAOP calculations/hydrostatic test pressures, Relieve/Control valve sizing, Meter run sizing, as well as ASME product design and validation.
- Coordinates and assists with QA/QC inspections, product deliveries, packaging and storage of finished products
- Analyzes and troubleshoots equipment, and design failures to determine the necessary corrective action
- Notifies management of any unusual design or application conditions and production or service issues
- Prepare cost estimates for new projects, monitors project budget, tracks/reports hours and performs an expense analysis as required
- Ensures engineering activities are compliant with all applicable regulations, standards, and Company policies
- Implements engineering procedures that align with the project requirements and ensure the safe, practical application of learned theory in design interpretation and engineering concepts
- Responsible for the prompt, accurate submittal of all required reports and data
- Maintain all assigned equipment and facilities in a safe, neat, workable condition
- Perform all duties in a safe, professional manner at all times
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or related discipline and 2+ years of related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Must be proficient with all Microsoft Office applications, databases, e-mail, and web-based applications
- Working knowledge of various engineering/designing software programs including Solidworks, AutoCAD, PV Elite and ProMax or similar applications
Other Skills, Abilities or preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to writing legible, routine correspondence and speak effectively as well as coherently with management and other employees
- Ability to motivate others to work together in the most efficient manner while ensuring that each team member is utilized to their full potential
- "Hands-on" general experience with process simulation
- Academic knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services
- Working knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available