The FerVid Group (recruiting company)
Updated: Aug 16 2012
||CAD/CAM, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Pressure Vessel, ASME, PV codes, Solidworks
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||$75,000-$100,000 + 10% bonus+ benefits
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Under minimal supervision, the Mechanical Engineer plans/conducts research, develops designs for solutions to particular aspects of the project, reviews progress and evaluates results. The Mechanical Engineer may also act as lead engineer for the project team, with some functional supervision. They may occasionally plan and assign personnel for given projects or tasks, recommend changes in procedures and handle special projects, as assigned. The Mechanical Engineer operates with some latitude in making autonomous decisions.
The candidate must have proven performance applying mechanical design and detail engineering for mechanical solutions which include conceptual or feasibility design, production of a full suite of engineering output allowing for commercial manufacturer of the design, satisfying regulatory/code requirements in particular file of activity, Factory Acceptance Testing, commissioning and start up and trouble shooting in the field.
- Assume direct technical responsibilities for any assigned task and make specific recommendations concerning solution, making use of technical knowledge and training
- Be capable of designing and testing, in shop and field, the equipment which is required by the ESAR customers.
- Prepare layout and schematic drawings of any specific idea prior to its being detailed
- Assist in or conduct improvement studies leading to recommendations for modifications to upgrade or improve existing equipment in field or laboratory
- Prepare part specifications
- Review and approve models and drawings
- Perform or manage engineering structural/vessel calculations and review CFD/FEA analysis studies
- Prepare technical reports and presentations
- Resolve questions concerning non-confirming products
- Direct and mentor junior engineer
- Bachelors or Masters in Mechanical Engineering Discipline
- Six (6) or more years of practical work experience in a design or operational engineering capacity is necessary.
- Must have proven performance applying mechanical design and detail engineering for mechanical solutions
- Must have experience in the production of a full suite of engineering output, allowing for commercial manufacture of the design and satisfying regulatory/code requirements
- Must have conceptual or feasibility design experience
- Working knowledge of Solid Works and/or AutoCAD
- Experience working in or with a fabrication facility
- Factory Acceptance Testing experience
- Experience with commissioning, start up and field troubleshooting
- Cross Functional team interaction or leading a cross function team consisting of Chemical, Process, Control and Electrical engineers is a MUST
- Must possess good presentation and organizational skills.
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Applicants must be willing to travel globally. With an estimated year average of 20%
- Foster good working relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to work as an individual contributor and team leader
- Ability to work in a multi task, high paced environment.
- Must be self-directed and able to prioritize responsibilities
- Detail oriented and an appreciation for deadlines
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available