The Senior Manager, Supply Chain - NSA is responsible for management of Supply Chain operations supporting the North and South America business unit and corporate-led Shipyard Projects. Promotes a culture for constant process improvement and efficiency by implementing productive procurement solutions and demonstrating significant improvements in Key Performance Indicators. Establishes strong partnerships with key stakeholders both within and outside of the company. Plays a key role in building a solid procurement and materials team through recruitment, talent retention, mentoring, coaching, and performance management, to ensure the highest standards are upheld with respect to safety, job performance, ethics and compliance. Leads the purchasing team in efforts toward cost savings initiatives, ensuring individuals fully participate and contribute to departmental goals.
- Minimum ten (10) years progressive work experience in supply chain management.
- Minimum five (5) years oil/gas industry experience preferred, including technical knowledge of oilfield and offshore drilling equipment.
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory and/or management experience, with accountability for supervision of up to five (5) direct reports and twenty (20) indirect reports.
Skills - Technical:
- Strong technical knowledge of oilfield equipment and drilling equipment used by drilling contractors and suppliers of such equipment and oilfield materials and supplies
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills including ability to recognize and discern common issues, set priorities, organize facts, resolve routine problems, communicate effectively and work to a satisfactory resolution in a timely manner
- Proficiency adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing sums accurately with the aid of a calculator or computer, and the ability to use basic formulas including computer spreadsheets to produce consistently accurate results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products with ability to produce professional reports and documents
- Solid understanding of the legal aspect of purchasing, including standard Purchase Order Terms and Conditions, Incoterms, and trade compliance requirements of suppliers for import and export transactions
- PeopleSoft system purchasing experience preferred
Skills - Communication:
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
Skills - People:
- Strong team player
- Ability to effectively organize, lead, motivate, and direct work teams and members
Skills - Language:
- Proficiency in reading, writing, speaking and understanding English
- Bi-lingual proficiency desired (Spanish or Portuguese)
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
- Bachelor's degree required, in engineering, business, business law, or related discipline.
- Master's Degree strongly preferred.
- ISM certification as CPSM (Certified Profession in Supply Management) or CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) preferred
- Rig Pass (HUET) and H2S Training as required for rig visits
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the company's Supply Chain procedures, processes and solutions while supporting continuous improvement in commercial performance of the NSA Supply Chain team.
- Along with the Director, serve as a point of contact between the company's employees, work teams, and departments regarding Supply Chain operations matters and communicate and drive the team's performance in line with the company's philosophy, guidelines, standards, and activities.
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage the NSA procurement and materials team members to achieve expected results in performance for operations support.
- Provide accurate tracking of status and statistics regarding NSA purchasing team and Project Supply Chain team performance on Field Requisitions and Purchase Orders and materials control. Analyze and evaluate procurement team members' skills and knowledge, coaching as necessary to ensure adequate abilities, competencies, and performance are maintained.
- Track and assist in the completion of required departmental training and individual professional development goals.
- Provide guidance, direction, and support to procurement team members to ensure adherence to Ensco's Code of Business Conduct and Company Guidelines.
- Monitor and manage the Managers' and Buyers' day to day activities, providing leadership and support regarding processes and system functionality, taking action to address and mitigate any sub-standard performance issues.
- Assist in the Managers' development of schedules to meet departmental requirements with regard to the attendance of rig audits and shipyard project assignments by team members.
- Promote and assist procurement team members to achieve individual and departmental goals and accountabilities.
- Identify areas of improvement with regard to both the system and processes to enable the efficient and timely conversion of Requisitions to Purchase Orders.
- Monitor and report on departmental Key Performance Indicators and develop solutions toward continuous improvement.
- Assist in the monthly and quarterly review and maintenance of the NSA Standardization Lists and the rigs' installed equipment report.
- Support and assist team members and departmental efforts to attain and effectively track cost savings.
- Collaborate with the Global Sourcing and Contracts Management team to incorporate the participation of Buyers in specific equipment or category agreements contributing to the overall departmental goal of cost savings.
- Collaborate with the Logistics and Trade Compliance team, freight forwarders, suppliers, and rigs to ensure timely receipt of goods and the supply of required documentation to facilitate compliant import and export transactions of purchased goods.
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable and suppliers to ensure the timely processing and payment of invoices.
- Collaborate with Asset Management and Engineering to ensure execution of purchasing transactions to include Ensco's quality plans, repair specifications, milestone acceptance requirements, and the delivery of supplier equipment documentation and certificates to the rigs and to the Technical Documents department.
- Analyze and educate existing suppliers with regard to timely order acknowledgement, delivery performance, and adherence to Ensco's Worldwide Purchase Order Terms and Conditions.
- Conduct supplier and service contractor agreement assessments and audits as necessary in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in ongoing process improvement efforts, recommending changes where appropriate in order to increase efficiencies and controls.
- Perform additional duties as necessary and participate in special projects as required.
Minimum Requirements for this position
- Expert written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to respond quickly and appropriately in a dynamic high charged work environment.
- Ability to understand and interact with diverse groups and cultures.
- Ability to gather and analyze/synthesize data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy as an integral part of the collective analysis/synthesis process.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and influencing skills and practices.
- Knowledge of financial accounting, purchasing and management systems.
- Physically capable of being transported to an offshore rig by boat or helicopter.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel at an advanced level (use of tracked changes; financial and logical functions; work with multiple worksheets and workbooks; edit and use macros; import and export information).
- Working knowledge of document control systems and databases.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To be considered an applicant, you must apply directly to company website