National Oilwell Varco
Updated: Jul 26 2012
||Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Pampa, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
To design mechanical systems for land based mobile drilling, workover, and servicing rigs.
- Perform mechanical engineering analysis using hand calculations, finite element analysis, and other computer aided design techniques for components, such as drawworks, gear boxes, etc.
- Perform engineering analysis of fluid power systems, consisting of hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- Work closely with engineers, designers, and draftsmen to coordinate a successful completion of each project.
- Develop accurate and complete documentation of data and project results in a timely manner.
- Interact with personnel in other departments and disciplines.
- Ensure that all work performed is engineered in accordance with the requirements of the customer's specifications and NOV engineering practices and procedures.
- Strong foundation in steel design, statics, engineering mechanics, and material science.
- Knowledge in fluid power design is recommended.
- Knowledge of computer aided engineering tools (e.g., SolidWorks, AutoCad).
- Company specific knowledge of documentation standards, engineering drawings, or document systems.
- Knowledge of mechanical design
- Knowledge of engineering procedures and processes
- Knowledge of mechanical fasteners and other related tools
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to conceptualize and design systems
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-3 years experience in design or continuing engineering
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available