Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: Aug 2 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Lafayette, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Geologist - Lafayette
An independent oil and natural gas exploration and production, this company is headquartered in Lafayette, Louisiana, with additional offices in New Orleans, Louisiana, Houston, Texas and Morgantown, West Virginia.
The business strategy is to leverage high cash flow generated from existing assets to:
- Maintain relatively stable GOM Shelf production
- Profitably grow gas reserves and rate in price-advantaged basins (Appalachia, Gulf Coast Basin)
- Profitably grow oil reserves and rate in material impact areas (Deepwater GOM and Onshore Oil)
The Geologist will provide geologic support for an asset team composed of a geologist, geophysicist and reservoir engineers. Main responsibility is to assemble projects generated by the exploration group, progress through approval process, acquire partners if needed and conduct operations on company operated wells as well as outside operated wells.
- Minimum BS in Geology
- Minimum ten years in the oil industry with 5 or more years of recent Deepwater experience
- Currently working deepwater projects.
- Strong fundamental earth science skill set, with experience in 3D seismic interpretation.
- Computer literate in UNIX-based workstations and seismic interpretation software (Landmark preferred)
- Experience with PC-based applications including Microsoft Office Products.
- Knowledge of Pete Rose risking program
- Demonstrated ability to clearly convey concepts and objectives verbally, in both presentations and in technical reports.
- Interact with multiple groups with-in the organization including, land, drilling, operations, accounting and strategic planning.
- Provide geologic support to the geophysicist by integrating well data with the seismic
- Generate isopachs for reserve estimation pre-drill and post drill
- Provide analog data for support of drilling opportunities
- Work with the team to identify and quantify risk using the Pete Rose software
- Provide information to the drilling group to plan wells, including working with outside contractors to determine directional plans and logging programs.
- Work with HSE department to permit locations by providing geological information and maps.
- Rank and risk exploration prospects using probabilistic methodologies Prepare and participate in presentations for peer reviews, tech reviews and Investment committee reviews
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available