Swift WorldWide Resources
Updated: Aug 2 2012
||Design Engineer, PDMS/PDS, Structural Engineering, AutoCAD, offshore, platforms, FPSO
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Senior Structural Designer-PDMS
Our client is a full service engineering company, here in Houston, involved in the upstream oil and gas industry. The company provides project management services ranging from conception throughout the detailed design process, primarily focusing on FPSO topsides.
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
• A great opportunity for someone who wants to continue career growth while obtaining job security (not a single employee was laid-off during the economic downturn)!
• Very family-oriented environment (family-style breakfasts hosted weekly).
• Flexible, relaxed, and casual work environment-jeans are acceptable daily.
• Great Benefits-health, dental, and life insurance, 401k matching 6% beginning your first date of hire, immediate 100% vesting, paid parking, among others.
• Generous compensation package.
• Accrued paid time off.
• Wonderful working environment utilizing the core values of health, safety, environment, and quality!
• Managed by highly-respected industry professionals that have been in the business for over 30 years.
• Partners with successful company, working on projects worldwide.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Perform drafting and design of mostly topsides structures for floating and fixed offshore platforms. Works under the supervision of the Structural Design Supervisor while reporting administratively to the Design Group Manager.
• Responsible for performing modeling using PDMS.
• Creates Structural Configurations in the PDMS model based on original layouts and sketches developed by others.
• Develops Structural drawings utilizing the PDMS Draft module
• Develops the structural MTO's utilizing the PDMS model.
• Proactively communicates the inter disciplinary interferences in the PDMS model as they are found
• Provides assistance and guidance for fellow Designers.
• Assists with "hands on" execution of the project
• Responsible for checking own and others work, and for checking project deliverables
• Strong working knowledge of PDMS Design, PDMS Draft, MS Office and AutoCAD software.
• A minimum of 7 years experience in designing and drafting Topsides of Offshore Floating and Fixed Platforms.
*Must be US Citizen
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available