INTECSEA is a global company within the WorleyParsons Group and offers all the Group's capabilities for floating systems, offshore pipelines and subsea production systems. Combined with WorleyParsons Group, we offer clients complete project expertise from subsea wellhead through onshore processing and distribution. For over 25 years, INTECSEA has provided frontier technology leadership for the energy industry's most challenging offshore field development and pipeline projects.
Your responsibilities in this role will be primarily associated with providing specialist technical expertise in the following areas:
- Welding and NDE
- Specify fabrication requirements for INTECSEA UK Ltd designed
- Review welding and NDE procedures for the items in the above list and for vendor equipment
- Materials Selection
- Develop materials selection report for pipelines and subsea installations
- Select steel grades for offshore structures and installations
- Materials Integrity
- Produce materials integrity report, including ECA assessments.
- Define levels of inspection, testing and monitoring required to ensure integrity
- Materials Investigations
- Conduct metallurgical investigations and determine actions to resolve materials problems encountered in field or vendor supply
- Construction Support
- Provide support during construction phases, as required, fo
- Welding and fabrication
- Specify coating systems for corrosion control of linepipes and subsea equipment and structures
- Specify preparation, application and test requirements
- Review paint procedures for contractors and suppliers
- Specify insulation materials for pipelines, risers and subsea equipment
- Develop insulation details
- Cathodic Protection
- Develop detailed design of cathodic protection systems for
- offshore structures
- Technical Bids
- Provide vendor assessments and Technical Bid Analysis
These skills are typically applied to provide support to our project teams, field inspection and surveying personnel, and directly to clients.
Your technical expertise will be applied as part of conceptual and detailed design activities, and in support of the procurement and installation of subsea and onshore equipment including linepipes (carbon steel, CRA lined pipe, CRA weld overlaid pipe, duplex pipe), carbon steel and CRA forgings such as valves, flanges, connectors as wells as cathodic protection systems (both sacrificial and impressed current types), pipeline anti-corrosion coatings, field joint coatings, and weight coatings.
- Capable of directing team of engineers and specialists.
- Has several specialty areas of expertise that allows leadership in technical brainstorming meetings.
- Works with Client to plan overall approach to work.
- Capable of serving as Project Manager and is entrusted to occasionally act on behalf of Client.
- Apply extensive knowledge in the application of advanced theories in a recognized area of expertise.
- Keeps abreast of new scientific methods and developments affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in emphasis of programs or new programs warranted by such developments.
- Capable of publishing technical papers and making conference presentations in the area of expertise.
- Ability to maintain full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating projects.
- Applies extensive experience over broad areas to ensure technical quality of work and efficiency of approach.
- Works as senior member in team providing leadership and direction.
- Frequently is INTECSEA representative in Client meetings.
- Proven and relevant industry experience in the following areas;
- Metallurgy and materials selection (Carbon steel, CRA and non-ferrous alloys, polymers)
- Welding and NDE (WPS, WPQ verification, RT, MPI, DPI, UT, AUT, defect acceptance criteria/ECA)
- Coatings (anti-corrosion coatings, wet & dry insulation, field joints, high temp, deep water)
- Internal pipeline corrosion, corrosion management and CP design
- Fully conversant with Industry Codes & Standards covering subsea