The Food Service Manager is responsible for the successful operation of a quick service food operation located within a Hess Express retail location. Hess operates a variety of brands including Godfather's Pizza, Blimpie Subs and Dunkin' Donuts.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly, welcoming environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of The Hess Way
- Analyze and measure business trends; develop and implement plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed goals and objectives.
- Control food waste, product inventory, expenses, and payroll
- Ensure appropriate product freshness, inventory levels, merchandise presentation, signing, and assortment in all areas of operations
- Comparison shop and report results; share information with supervisor, corporate office and make appropriate price adjustments as required
- Review food service trends. Recommend and initiate changes for maximizing goals and objectives
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures through regular management and staff meetings, store walk-thru's, audits, etc.
- Continually evaluate and react to performance issues and actively recruit high caliber associates, supervisors and management personnel
- Train and develop store management in all aspects of the business; direct and monitor training and development for all store level personnel
- Any other responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system and POS register system
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Ability to understand, comprehend and complete all documentation
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the facility
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work in a fast paced setting
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of sanitation and cleanliness standards
- Prior food service and/or restaurant management experience
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong financial management skills
- Strong people development and team building skills
Benefits & Rewards
Comprehensive benefits package including quarterly bonus program, healthcare, vision and dental coverage, 401(k) w/ company match, pension plan, direct deposit, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, and educational assistance.
Please Note: This position requires a credit, background and drug screening
Hess is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity
Employment Type: PERMANENT