Shell Exploration & Production Company
Updated: Jul 25 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This position is located in Upstream America's Houston Woodcreek Office and supports the Onshore Early Maturation Team (which includes emerging Onshore Developments) to support Geoscience technical professionals who are engaged with fast paced multi-rig programs and subsurface studies. This position will support the Geoscience staff working on Early Maturation Opportunities within existing assets in North or South America
The core responsibility of the successful candidate is to work as a Geoscience Technician which requires:
- Deliver quality products that assist the team in developing a coherent picture supported by data and to align the various stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple requests from multiple staff members of diverse background
- Basic understanding of geologic principles
- An ability to learn and work comfortably with computer based geoscience oriented programs such as ARCGIS, Geographix, Petrel, MIDAS
- Able to take instructions from geosciences professionals and complete projects per the required criteria
- Dedicated, self starter able to engage effectively with team members of a diverse range of disciplines and backgrounds
- Document and present work products
- Apply and share best practices
- Work to insure that the subsurface staff have the required products delivered on time in a complete and technically correct manner
- Working in a team environment is crucial as the team contains geophysics, petrophysics, production geology, reservoir engineering, as well as economics and finance.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- A minimum of three (3) years of industry experience is required; may be offset by a bachelor's degree in a related Geoscience discipline
- Strong inter-personal and technical skills, in addition to effective communication skills is required
- Certification in related industry programs or applications (e.g ArcGIS) is preferred
- Demonstration of an understanding of appropriate geologic principles
- Ability to work with imperfect data
- A successful record working in a team based environment
- Experience or certification with industry based programs such as ArcGIS
The Shell Group offers an outstanding benefits package. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available