Updated: Sep 24 2012
||Maintenance Technician, Wireline Operator
||Weston, WV, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Performs preventive and corrective maintenance as well as carries out modifications to Weatherford downhole tools and ancillaries in accordance with company policy and procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on a full range of Weatherford downhole tools and ancillaries in accordance with company policy and procedures.
* Carry out Modifications on equipment in accordance with Op-Letters
* Liaise with Weatherford personnel and 3rd party vendors as required to accommodate repairs and modifications to downhole tools and ancillaries
* In a limited capacity, assist with training Field Crews in troubleshooting and maintenance procedures for downhole tools and ancillaries.
* Complete work orders, repair requests, update databases, and generate queries through WISE System.
* Perform housekeeping duties in shop area.
Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Strong Mechanical Aptitude
* Good understanding of electrical theory, i.e. OHM's Law
* Good troubleshooting skills
* Ability to read and understand basic schematics and mechanical drawings
* Ability to use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pipe wrenches, pliers
* Ability to use equipment such as drill, drill press, lathe, press, soldering iron, multimeter, and megger
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Basic computer skills
* Knowledge of Weatherford Wireline tools and ancillaries
* High School Diploma
* Valid State driver's license
* Candidate must be able to pass background check
* Previous Wireline Experience
* The successful candidate will be required to participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
Calls will not be accepted for this position.
Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group, approved search agent for Weatherford International Oil Field Services Ltd, an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available