Updated: Jul 23 2012
||Planner / Scheduler, Project Management, Project controls, Scheduler, Planner, Primavera exp. etc...
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Job Classification: Project Control
Job Title: Senior Planner/ Scheduler (Planning Engineer)
Work Schedule: Non-Rotational
Visa Required?: No
Visa Offered by Chevron?: No
• Provides resource planning and project schedules for various types of projects
• Prepares and manages overall master project schedule integrating the project Work Breakdown Structure using an appropriate scheduling software package.
• Coordinates schedule from multiple contractors and incorporate the information gathered into the overall project master schedule.
• Monitors and forecasts progress of activities in contractors' work schedules. Highlight problem areas and recommend remedial actions.
• Evaluates critical paths in the project schedules and evaluate alternative schedule options to identify optimum project strategies or resolve problems before and during execution.
• Performs probabilistic analysis of completion dates and potential alternatives. Presents risk based analysis of most likely completion and expected deviation range.
• Develops and implements plan versus actual progress curves. Reports and analyses monthly deviations from plan. Evaluates allocation of resources and provide recommendations to maintain required progress.
• Liaises with all team leaders to communicate required completion dates and interfaces between responsible parties.
• Work closely with cost engineer and accountant for expenditure and value of work forecasting.
• Prepares and issues updated project schedules.
• Works closely with Cost Control for expenditure forecasting and progress.
• In addition to the responsibilities of the Planner/Scheduler, duties also include: helping define business needs, proposing solutions, defining work flows, providing guidance and implementing system needs to optimize and automate to the extent possible. This candidate must proactively develop relationships, identify opportunities to add value, and engage team members as needed.
• Develops and maintains detailed project schedules for HES Team in accordance with standards and protocols defined by Project Business Services Project Control Planning Lead
• Proactively follows-up with HES Team Leads in sourcing status updates to required deliverables
• Perform critical path impact assessments and schedule analysis with revised dates provided by HES Team Leads ensuring implied schedule delays are communicated and actively addressed
• Ensure that all planning and scheduling processes, methods and systems are functioning in accordance with the requirements and expectations defined by the Project common planning and scheduling guidelines
• Support Project Controls in developing monthly exception reports based upon analysis of the overall baselined HES project schedule, specifying areas of variance and recommended remedial action to the HES Team, Project Business Services, Project Control Planning Lead,
• Support Project scenario planning, risk assessment and management processes as needed for schedule risk analysis as directed by the Project Business Services Project Control Planning Lead
Education: BS preferred or equivalent experience BSc (UK)
Experience: 10+ years
Preferred Skills: Primavera Project Planner Minimum ten years of planning/scheduling on international offshore Major Capital Projects
• Develop integrated baseline resource loaded Level 2 (or as required) project integrated schedule, working with the project team and contractors
• Coordinate and integrate FEED contractors schedules into the Level 2 (or as required) project integrated schedule.
• Develop, update and maintain Level 1 schedule.
• Provide oversight to contractor to ensure they provide schedules for the project and monitor schedule progress against the baseline
• Ensure schedule is aligned with scope, BOD, WBS, OBS, and contracting strategy
• Validate schedule estimates with benchmark data
• Align schedule inputs with cost estimates to support Decision Analysis modeling
• Develop integrated progress measure system using earned values.
• Develop Basis of Schedule
• Develop and implement planning/schedule development procedure
• Coordinate schedule assurance activities
• Support and participate in cost and schedule risk assessments
• Generate schedule and progress reports
• Identify, assess and report deviations from the plan
• Interface with project team disciplines to update schedule with actual progress against baseline
• Evaluates critical path and identifies critical activities
• Develop Planning and Scheduling section(s) to the Phase 4 PEP
• Conduct and organize working sessions, classes related to planning/schedule development
• Mentor GVLA Project Controls Analyst
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available