Assists the Director in the management of all domestic and international shipyard projects to produce products that are predictable and repeatable in the most cost effective manner within the Company's standards and expectations. Projects include refurbishments, new construction and Special Projects occurring simultaneously in the allocated time and budget. Although this position is located in Houston Texas and you must have eligibility to work in the United States, you will be required to travel internationally at least 50%.
Minimum of ten years in a similar role in a business of similar size and complexity, three of them in management in a related field. Petroleum, Marine or Mechanical Engineering experience is preferred.
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university in a related technical field required. MBA, advanced degree or extensive industry experience preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for achieving optimum labor and least amount of overhead and raw material costs.
- Directs activities so that approved products are manufactured on scheduled, within quality standards and cost objectives.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective Ensco Project Management Standard applicable to all projects.
- Provide all necessary management tools and processes to the project teams.
- Identify all relevant standards.
- Develop specifications and scopes of work.
- Deliver timely, relevant and accurate management reports to Business Unit General Managers.
- Evaluate the competency, financial integrity and competitiveness of contractors and negotiate Master Service Agreements (MSA).
- Consistently implement Project Management System core processes, which are clearly defined, relevant, efficient, accessible, and responsive to changing requirements.
- Establish and maintain a management system and organizational environment that encourages and values process improvement.
- Develop and implement a system to measure, assess, and identify improvement opportunities for processes.
- Develop, validate, and implement fit-for-purpose processes.
- Ensure regulatory compliance.
- Operate within the Ensco Management System.
- Understand, embed, and apply Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) principles in all aspects of management and leadership practices in order to minimize the number and severity of unplanned events (i.e., business interruptions) that have the potential to create SHE incidents (injuries to people and/or environment, acts, near misses).
- Comply with SHE regulatory requirements and established internal standards. Continual improvement of SHE policies and procedures resulting in fewer incidents.
- Application of SHE policies and procedures in specific shipyard environments within the terms of the shipyard contract and the Ensco MSA.
Minimum Requirements for this position
- Knowledge of petroleum engineering, human resources laws and regulations, and employee relations skills required.
- Ability to gather and analyze/synthesize data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy as an integral part of the collective analysis/synthesis process.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and influencing skills and practices.
- Knowledge of financial accounting, purchasing and management systems.
- Physically capable of being transported to an offshore rig by boat or helicopter.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To be considered an applicant, you must apply directly to company website