Job Number: NASF748576
Position Title: Sr. Royalty Analyst - PRA DOI Maintenance - FPU
Opening date: 18 Jul 2012 9:00am
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
To serve as a key focal point for the Revenue and Royalty Accounting team in the Fayetteville Shale Onshore and Gulf of Mexico Area providing system maintenance and oversight of EP Royalty Owner set up and Division Of Interest (DOI) maintenance for revenue distribution of production in the PRA system. DOI set up and maintenance includes, user input and bulk upload maintenance of Revenue division of interests for minerals, working and royalty interests.
Ensure operated and non operated ownership is accurately captured and information is appropriately communicated within the organization. Coordinate with Land Administration, who maintains the source information in Lease Data Domain.
Comply with governmental, regulatory, and contractual reporting tasks associated with Division of Interest maintenance.
• An overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development
• Alignment with the BHP Billiton operating principles and Charter Values
• Serve as key resource to Revenue and Royalty Accounting department, technical teams and management on PRA Division of Interest and royalty payment related topics.
• Set up and maintain Division of Interests in the 1SAP-PRA System to ensure royalty revenue payments made to private, corporate, and government mineral owners are in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, regulations, and contracts.
• Learn and refresh knowledge on applicable laws, statutes and industry standards related to royalty payment, contracts and mineral ownership in the geographical area assigned.
• Recognize and develop solutions for non-routine ownership and payment issues, including operated and non-operated ventures.
• Assist with testing Accounting related systems enhancements/upgrades, and deployment training.
• Assist Supervisor and Manager with training less experienced staff to analyse and interpret basic, intermediate and complex division of interest set up and maintain royalty revenue payment ownership within the geographical area assigned.
• Research and resolve Owner Relations/Partner inquiries and issues related to Revenue Accounting DOI ownership and payments
• Represent BHPB by participation in various local and industry associations and forums.
• Stay current with revenue division of interest and systems technology and work to improve Accounting systems and work process.
• Contribute to evaluation and constant improvement of key work processes to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
• Generate business and regulatory reports for compliance to assist accounting and technical teams in analysis and decision-making.
• Assist Business Development with due diligence and acquisition evaluation related to Division of Interest and royalty payment matters.
KEY DELIVERABLES / KEY DIMENSIONS
• Set up and maintain EP Division of Interest (DOI) ownership for well revenue distribution and adjustments (WI & NRI) in the Revenue Accounting System.
• Set up and maintain related DO screens such as Market Group and Well Completion to DOI cross reference.
• Business and regulatory reporting related to Division Order work, including escheat, 1099 reporting, and Interest Payment calculations.
• Ensure timely and accurate payment of royalties to the correct mineral, working and royalty owners in the wells consistent with contractual and legal obligations.
• Work with revenue accounting to provide direction for the EP monthly royalty check print process and suspense releases.
Assist with integration of acquisitions.
BEHAVIORAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
• Ability to work as part of an integrated client/service provider team
• Collaboration / Relationship Builder
• Attention to detail
• Action Orientation / Tenacity
• Well Organized
• Commitment to customer service and delivery
• High Integrity
• Sound judgement
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Excellent communication skills (written / verbal)
AUTHORITY & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
• Revenue and Royalty Accounting
• Land/Lease Administration
• Payments (Land & Revenue (PRA) systems
• Operations/Technical Teams
• Joint Venture Accounting
• Federal, state and local government agencies
• Legal (outside and 3rd party)
• National and Local industry associations
Direct Reports (Positions): N/A
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Four-year university accredited degree or higher with major in Accounting, Petroleum Management or Business related Degree.
• Continuing education in Accounting and/or Land related subjects
Experience & Technical Competencies
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of Division Order & Revenue software.
• Basic knowledge of Lease, Contract and Royalty Management software
• Knowledge of document management process and systems
• High level of written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work independently and in a team-based environment.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• 5+ years experience in Revenue Accounting and/or Division Orders/Lease Administration/Land (compensation and responsibilities will be commensurate with experience and skills)
• Arkansas and Federal onshore leasing experienced a plus
• Knowledgeable in MS Office software, high level in MS Excel
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
With 44,000 employees working in more than 100 operations in approximately 25 countries, we represent the world's largest diversified resources company. We take our commitment to the communities in which we operate and do business in very seriously, and we are committed to operating safely and sustainably.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer