Updated: Aug 28 2012
||Accounting or Finance
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Job Number: 748472
Position Title: Internal Reporting Analyst
Opening date: 13 Jul 2012 9:00am
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
The BHPB Petroleum Internal Reporting team is part of the Petroleum Controller's group and is responsible for the monthly Period End Close for Petroleum and related internal reporting to both Group and within Petroleum. In this role, this individual will focus on period end close processing, monthly, semi-annual and annual reporting requirements, ad-hoc support for related processes, assist with reporting team projects, including 1SAP Release 3 readiness and post-go live issue resolution.
This position reports directly to the Supervisor, Internal Reporting
Financial Accounting and Reporting
• Responsible for ensuring all deliverables are met in accordance with the monthly Close Calendar, Group Calendar and relevant GLDs
• Review of monthly performance metrics and controls
• Identifying breakdowns and process improvements as it relates to the close cycle and reporting requirements
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• CPA / MBA / ACA / ACCA / MA in accounting
• 4 years (minimum) - 6 years (preferable) experience in month end closing processes and related reporting processes
• Flexible and highly motivated (a self-starter) and the ability to communicate clearly with all levels of the organization
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Solid analytical skills and financial knowledge, including understanding of process controls, financial controls and risk assessment
• Experience in analyzing and preparing management reports and commentary
• Experience in integrated business systems is required, SAP is preferable
• Contributing to the delivery of financial processes in an efficient, timely and accurate manner; and implement improvements as required
• Participation in Petroleum-specific special projects as required
• Manage strict reporting timelines across the Petroleum Finance function and the wider Petroleum business where required.
• Team player who is able to develop effective networks and relationships within the team and organization
• Strong understanding of how Finance processes and systems operate, including key internal interfaces and with multiple stakeholders
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
With 44,000 employees working in more than 100 operations in approximately 25 countries, we represent the world's largest diversified resources company. We take our commitment to the communities in which we operate and do business in very seriously, and we are committed to operating safely and sustainably.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available