Updated: Aug 28 2012
||IT - Networking & Telecom
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Job Number: NASP745059
Position Title: IM Telecoms Analyst
Opening date: 25 Apr 2012 9:00am
BHP Billiton is all about smart technology, innovation and great talent. If you want a challenging career and a chance to explore resource opportunities as well as your ambitions, we're the company for you. Think ahead. Think BHP Billiton.
As a full time staff member of the Petroleum IM Functional team this position will establish, develop and support the required Telecommunications infrastructure to support the North American Shale Production Division (NASPD)
The primary business objectives for this position will be to support and maintain the telecommunications infrastructure which will include but not necessarily be limited to:
• Shale Drilling and Completions Telecom Subject Matter Expert.
• Support for life of field Voice/Data/SCADA Fibre/Copper/Radio networks along with the implementation of the necessary support systems, support contracts and the day to day management of service providers
• Implement standardized IM initiatives in accordance with functional excellence, to ensure standardization and consistency of services in the NASPD
• Ensure IM and communication systems, processes and infrastructure meet the requirements of the NASPD and conform to BHP Billiton's Global IM standards.
• Ensure Operations support and Engineering project delivery to the NASPD
• Ensure as custodian of system 86 Safety Critical Elements availability targets and legislative reporting are maintained in accordance with Petroleum IM and Engineering standards.
• Manage the delivery of contracted IM and operations support services as per service level agreements and through Group and Petroleum controls for cost and contract governance.
• Implement IM GLD's and associated Core Controls across the NASPD
Sustainable Development, HSEC and Business Conduct:
It is a mandatory requirement that this position will comply with BHP Billiton Sustainable Development Policy and HSEC Management Standards and Guidelines, Guide to Business Conduct, and all NASPD Standards and Procedures.
• An overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
• Ensures that IM team is competent in the application of relevant HSE standards and processes including FRCPs, JSA, PTW, etc
• Ensure and maintain a safe working environment including regular safety inspections.
• Active NASPD Incident Management Team (IMT) member and provides guidance and support for the IMT applications and infrastructure.
KEY DELIVERABLES / KEY DIMENSIONS
The NASPD Telecoms Analyst will be measured against the following Key Result Areas :-
• Alignment with the BHP Billiton operating principles and Charter Values
• Contribution to NASPD KPIs
• Contribution to IM functional KPIs
• Meeting IM Core Controls and Standards for Information Security Authority
As directed by the HR and Finance Approvals Framework.
Assist in the development of the NASPD IM budget and effective cost management
BEHAVIORAL & LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
• Safety and the environment
• High performance
• Win-Win relationships
• Courage to lead change
• Respect for each other
• Action orientation
• Feedback and recognition
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the Drilling and Completions IM Manager manage day to day responsibilities, providing backfill, and hands on support as needed to support team members.
• Assist the Drilling and Completions IM Manager to develop, manage and monitor the NASPD's IM G&A and service's project budgets.
• Assist the Drilling and Completions IM Manager to Control IM inventory and manage hardware resources, plan and budget for future hardware requirement
• Assist the Drilling and Completions IM Manager to initiate timely escalation to IT management and communications to customer
• Assist the Drilling and Completions IM Manager to Drive continuous improvement of all services delivered by IT Team
• Manage the delivery of contracted Drilling and Completions IM support services as per agreed service level agreements and through associated cost and contract governance processes (e.g. monthly reporting and compliance).
• Ensure availability of NASPD system 86 Safety Critical Elements
• Ensure all drilling and completions infrastructure and applications operate as per design.
• In conjunction with the Production Unit and Functional Service Delivery teams ensure all drilling and completion team service delivery requests are actioned in a timely manner.
• Facilitate and deliver Capex project as required by NASPD IM
• Instigate and maintain an effective relationship with service providers (CSC, L&T etc) in order to bring about the successful delivery of IT.
• Execute changes in line with IM change control procedures and engineering management of change (MOC) processes
• Act as a first line regional escalation point to appropriate vendors. Facilitate timely resolution of all service related issues.
• Ensure appropriate contracts and statements of work are in place for locally outsourced support services.
• Adhere to BHPB Project Management Office guidelines
• Seeks out and implement cost optimisation opportunities while maintaining services to the business
• Acts as key interface point with teams within the NASPD to understand and document business requirements
• Translates business requirements into initiatives / projects based on favourable cost benefit analysis
• Manage all drilling and completion site environment to ensure Safety and High availability.
• Deliver all services in line with Group and Petroleum IM GLDs, policies and standards
• Drilling and Completions IM Team: This position works directly with this team to ensure the Operational Integrity of the Infrastructure and Applications used by the NASPD Drilling and Completions team in accordance with BHPB Petroleum's standards, policies and procedures
• Production Unit IM: This position works closely with this team to ensure all aspects of Operational support for the Drilling and Completions team are in place.
• Key participant and contributor to the NASPD IM Network
• Petroleum IM Team -This position works closely with the Petroleum IM functional organisation and its IM Leads and collaborates closely with the other IM Operational Analysts.
• Service Providers - This position works closely with local and or global service providers to ensure continuity of service and support for the NASPD.
Direct reports for this position include :- None
Functional reports for:- All NASPD Telecom Technicians
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Tertiary degree
Experience & Technical Competencies
• 8 years experience in Telecommunication
• Hands on technical supervision (infrastructure and applications) and a background in Oil and Gas telecommunications systems supporting core production processes and the core components of 1SAP such as the Plant Maintenance module.
• Demonstrable technical leadership related to the design and implementation of Telecommunication projects and programmes of work.
• Experience as a technical team leader playing both a hands on and supervisory role.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Experience with working in a matrixed organization and able to effectively represent the function to the business.
• Good track record in budget control and cost management
• Familiarity with the Petroleum Shale production practices and techniques
• Project Management experience
• Vendor Management experience
• SAP Functional knowledge
THINK OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN BHP BILLITON. THINK LOCAL. THINK GLOBAL.
With 44,000 employees working in more than 100 operations in approximately 25 countries, we represent the world's largest diversified resources company. We take our commitment to the communities in which we operate and do business in very seriously, and we are committed to operating safely and sustainably.
M/F/D/V EEO/AA Employer
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available