T.D. Williamson, Inc. (TDW) was founded in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in 1920 as an electrical contracting firm serving the emerging petroleum industry's needs for power. With over 55 locations worldwide, including offices in Canada, United States, Singapore, India, Norway, Belgium, TDW is the premier pressurized piping maintenance company in the oil and gas industry. We design and manufacture engineered solutions for monitoring, pigging, tapping, plugging, and inspecting essential piping systems. TDW products and services are recognized as standards of excellence around the world. The company is globally recognized for professional integrity, quality products, innovative technologies and high regard for customer relationships by standing behind the strongest product warranty in the industry.
We offer an excellent work environment, opportunities for growth, a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits package includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Medical Insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and a Flexible Spending Account
- Group basic life/AD&D insurance and supplemental/voluntary life/AD&D insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Benefits: pension plan and 401(k) with company match
- Paid Leave: sick leave (nonexempt employees only), vacation, 11 paid holidays annually
- Educational Assistance
- Company Bonus Program
By partnering with TDW regional personnel, our mission is to deliver the highest valued solution set of viable products, services, and training to our customers. Utilizing consistent, tangible, and qualified benefits, all solutions will be developed, tested, and deployed in a culture of quality and safety to assure regulatory compliance and global consistency while maintaining a focus on competitive pricing and profitability.
Quality, HSE Standards:
- Supports the Manager, Service Development Quality on set up of new service centers to ensure maximum compliance to the 5-S culture and philosophy of continuous improvement to operations, technical processes, and standards.
- Supports with maintaining of asset standardization of TDW owned HT&P Equipment, by standardization on models, series, modifications, and enhancements to minimize equipment model operations, spare parts needs, and etc.
- Promotes a culture of quality and safety by ensuring that all Quality and HSE policies and procedures are followed.
New Products & Services
- Provides technical guidance to design and/or drafting personnel; coordinates their efforts into the timely completion of service projects while providing the necessary calculations, sketches and information.
- Provides acceptable solutions within the scope of the service projects requirements, such as cost, codes and specifications.
- Performs value analysis studies on assigned service projects with the intent of supplying cost effective products for manufacture
- Develops and designs test methods and procedures, and substantiates the test results with proper documentation, ensuring that adequate testing is performed. Coordinates and supports all testing with the Manager of Testing and Procedures.
- Gains a thorough knowledge of all aspects of assigned products/projects in regard to applications applicable codes, design standards and procedures, manufacturing techniques, etc., in order to provide technical assistance in a professional manner when requests.
- Consults with engineering, systems, and field technicians, managers and engineering personnel as required to produce and maintain tool assembly documentation, operations and maintenance manuals, instruction sheets and other related technical publications.
- Improves technical knowledge by reviewing technical papers/literature and attending appropriate seminars and workshops with the intent of applying latest technology to TDW products.
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional, engaging, and on time.
Relationship with others:
- Reports to the Manager, Services Technical Engineering
- Has frequent contact with customers, Product Development, and Marketing Development
- Works in close collaboration with all Onshore Line Interventions/Flow Assurance Teams
- Works in close collaboration with the Offshore counterpart leveraging technologies and best practices,
- Develops and maintains strong partnerships with Pipeline Intervention/Flow Assurance POCs, ensuring their full satisfaction.
- Partners with regional management teams to ensure TDW brings the highest valued solution set of product and service capabilities to the onshore pipeline market,
- Ensures that solutions are supplied which meet customer's business needs.
Knowledge, skills & abilities required:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred) required, with a minimum of two years of pipeline industry experience and/or 10 years experience with TDW products / services,
- Capable of performing basic engineering calculations
- Ability to coordinate, research and design new processes and procedures,
- CAD w/3-D modeling experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communications skills. Should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Projects at the intermediate level.
Follows the HSE policy by promoting a culture of quality and safety and ensuring a consistent global approach by actively participating in the Hazards and (Near-miss) Incident Identification and by behaving safety.
Follows the ISO certification.