National Oilwell Varco
Updated: Aug 16 2012
||Process Control, Process Engineer
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Job Title: Pressure Control Applications Engineer
Department: Rig Solutions, Customer Service.
Work Environment: Professional Office Environment; Some requirements for travel to visit manufacturing sites, warehouses, and Rig-Up Sites.
- Provide technically and financially accurate quotations for Capital Equipment in support of the Quotation/Application Engineers with NOV Rig Solutions Group.
- Provide timely delivery responses (RFD/ODC) to NOV Sales and Projects, as well as, up to date delivery update request for all open sales orders.
- Ensure highest levels of customer service by communicating to sales force any manufacturing or engineering changes affecting outstanding sales. This includes but is not limited to assisting order managers and salespersons in change order process, periodic build plan updates, and contract reviews.
- Ensure NOV Rig Solutions has necessary data for Capital Equipment Forecast.
- Implement processes/procedures in support of the Sales Best Practices.
- Build and maintaining positive, professional business relationships with both internal and external departments and resources.
- Provide timely Delivery Commitments to Sales and Project Sales, reflecting accurate and up to date information.
- Enter timely Quotations, as directed, for Projects and Capital Equipment Sales, reflecting accurate and up to date information.
- Update Cost Price Analysis' (CPAs) to reflect the changes in the market and ensure adequate profit margins on quotations. Back up every quotation with a CPA.
- Assist Product Line Manager (PLM) in Cost Price Analysis to ensure maximum profit margin while remaining competitively priced.
- Coordinate with Order Managers to ensure timely resolution of conflicting information, Including providing Change Orders when requested.
- Participate in Monthly Forecasting Meetings to insure Product Line Managers (PLM) and Manufacturing are kept current on Capitol Equipment requirements provided to us by Sales/Projects.
- All Request for Quotes (RFQ) entered daily in Quote Log on NOV Share Drive.
Basic Competency Requirements:
- Possess advanced usage of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Possess Strong ability to work in Microsoft Access, Microsoft Office Visio, and Adobe Acrobat PDF creator.
- Possess ability to work with various ERP systems.
- Possess ability to learn and work with IQ and IQ2 quotation software.
- Prefer some familiarity with Project Management software and Engineering Design Software.
- At a minimum, employee must be very process oriented.
- Engineering Degree preferred or 7-10 years Subsea Experience.
- Must have 2-5 years of experience in Oilfield Drilling or Services Industry and familiarity with Oilfield Capital Equipment.
- Indirectly motivate other necessary functional areas to accomplish tasks assigned to your specific group.
- Must be able to multi-task between different projects and shifting priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the sales force, order management, engineering and manufacturing in order to achieve assigned tasks.
National Oilwell Varco is an equal opportunity employer. This job description is subject to change without notice. This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an entire list of all activities, tasks, and skills required of people in this position.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available