The Virtual Bench
Updated: Apr 5 2013
||Production Engineering, Production Technologist, onshore, unconventional
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Virtual Bench is a premier recruiting and staffing firm focused on providing quality engineering candidates to some of the top firms in the industry. Our client, one of the major global energy companies (O&G operator), is looking for several Production Engineers/Technologists. There are several positions open that range in experience from 3 to 25 years.
***Before you apply, be sure that you are in compliance with the following:
- Have current residence in the US (those living in Canada, Mexico or other places outside the US will NOT be considered). Due to large numbers of candidates ignoring this requirement, those in violation will be reported to Rigzone.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- meet the requirements specified below
Our client is one of the ''super major'' international O&G operators with an excellent reputation in Upstream operations. They offer an excellent compensation program that includes salary, bonuses, and ''best in industry'' benefits. Additionally, they provide a great work environment that includes some of the top professionals in the industry, innovative technology, support for employee development and career growth and a work/life balance.
Onshore Gas (OG) manages a portfolio presently consisting of six core areas in North America. We will develop and produce these areas in a manner competitive with or superior to our competition on a unit cost basis and by adhering to the stakeholder principles important to us. This will support Exploration, Business Development, and our own effort to grow the OG asset base.
Provide Production Technology technical analyses and recommendations to New Ventures and Exploration teams within Onshore Development. The successful candidate will be co-located with one of several teams which may be focused on development, exploration, or new business development activities. This position could include New Ventures/Business Development (NVBD) support, more traditional exploration prospect evaluations, or development oriented support to emerging development plays. Routine interaction with customers, Internal technology organization, development teams and other staff within Early Maturation will be required
Onshore Gas continues an aggressive focus for strategic play entry through targeted acquisition activities, as well as progressing existing acreage opportunities into Development; the scope of this position includes responsibility for technical assessments to support these efforts. Given Exploration success, technical staff often move forward with the project into development.
Unconventional Reservoirs will form the large majority of project opportunities within this position. Consequently, the successful candidate will be exposed to a broad range of subsurface environments, ranging from light tight oil to shale gas/coal bed methane opportunities and related completion, design and artificial lift challenges. These represent significant growth potential within Upstream Americas as well as the global portfolio. Thus, this individual will be expected to contribute quickly in this fast-paced environment.
Specific deliverables will relate to:
- Delivery of Production Technology assessments for development options, including analogue analysis, design and performance prediction for Unconventional Gas and Light Tight Oil onshore plays
- Support the integration of key technical risks with other disciplines in support of project evaluation and due diligence efforts
- Interface with other OG development teams to identify and apply Best Practices
- Support Production Technology effort through appropriate Review and Assurance process
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a similar discipline
- Must have at least three (3) or more years of exploration and production experience
- Demonstrated ability to working effectively within teams to quickly identify key project risks & develop project evaluation analyses for investment decisions
- Remain informed of applicable development and completion technological solutions which may unlock resources, and subsequently integrating this into a project evaluation
- Remaining flexible in the face-paced onshore program while ensuring prudent production technology credibility and review
- The successful candidate should feel comfortable challenging current technical norms and be equally comfortable defending unpopular (but supportable) positions
- Experience with applicable Production Technology methodologies and techniques
- Ability to make and communicate well-founded decisions
- Ability to communicate technical analysis effectively to management and technical professionals
- HSSE commitment and appreciation for interactions with reservoir engineering and other disciplines
- Travel is minimal (less than 10%)
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available