Updated: Aug 13 2012
||Marine Engineering, Subsea Engineer, Subsea Engineering
||Associates/2 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Ocean Rig owns and operates the two drilling rigs Leiv Eiriksson and Eirik Raude and the four drill ships Ocean Rig Corcovado, Ocean Rig Olympia, Ocean Rig Poseidon and Ocean Rig Mykonos. All six units are constructed for Ultra Deep Waters and Harsh Environment. Three further Ultra Deepwater drillships are currently under construction in Korea and will be operational from 2013.
The Subsea Engineer reports to the Subsea Section Leader.
- Supervising the installation and monitoring of BOP operations
- To operate and maintain all subsea related equipment, including riser tensioners
- Carry out regular BOP tests and drilling in accordance with company policy and safety procedures
- Provide expertise on technology, cost estimation and risk, installation and support services including rig interface
- To understand, implement and promote all relevant work and safety procedures issued by Ocean Rig and the Operator
- Ensure the efficient delivery of services and communication with OR colleagues and client representatives
- Applicants must be qualified and have experience from offshore drilling operations on DP Semi-Submersibles or Drill Ships
- Ocean Rig's (OR) current rigs are equipped with Cameron Type TL-18 3/4" 15,000 psi BOP, which is controlled by a Cameron (Mark 1) Multiplex BOP control system. New-builds currently in production will be equipped with Shaffer 18 3/4'' Extended Triple NXT BOP, 15,000psi, H2S service, guideline-less re-entry system. You should be familiar with this type of well control equipment and deep water drilling
- Degree Qualified Marine Engineer / City & Guilds Certificate in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Valid Offshore Survival Course (OPITO)
- Health/Medical Certificate (UKOOA)
- As a global organisation and to ensure a safe working environment, it is essential that all applicants have a strong level of English, both written and oral
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available