Updated: Sep 24 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort , we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Position open for a Mechanical Engineer to work with Reciprocating rod pumps and accessories. New pump design, design improvements and BOM creation will be a few of the necessary responsibilities. The chosen applicant must possess experience in a manufacturing environment with a strong understanding of standard Engineering practices (drafting, materials, machining/fabrication techniques, etc). Understanding of basic hydraulics/fluid pressure is a must.
Job responsibilities will include the following:
- Design reciprocating mud pump assemblies and sub-components. This process will includes all aspects (initial concept phase, testing, BOM creation, production drawing/part number creation, and implementation).
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Review current designs for cost-reduction without the loss of quality.
- Testing materials/components for sustaining design improvements.
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- 3-6 years design experience in a manufacturing environment of both machined and fabricated components
- Proficient with drafting standards (dimensions, tolerances, etc)
- Proficient in Autocad.
Not required, but preferred
- Experience with reciprocating pump/rod pump design
- Proficient with Pro-E
Calls will not be accepted for this position.
Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group, approved search agent for Weatherford International Oil Field Services Ltd, an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available