Updated: Aug 7 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Major operator in Houston is seeking multiple production engineers to join their team. These positions are long-term contract opportunitites and available to begin immediately.
The Production Engineer will be apart of a multi-disciplinary team that is commissioned to provide Production Technology solutions to new green field or re-development of brown field Deep water or Unconventional Gas/Light Tight Oil or Heavy Oil/EOR/Carbon Dioxide Sequestration type projects. The Production Engineer will support projects involving several wells with completion cost. Additionally the position provides opportunities to be involved in the early phases of major projects where the Production Engineer will influence overall concept selection and directly influence the conceptual design of new wells and the gathering and production systems.
Other principal accountability includes:
- Providing expert advice primarily to pre-FEED and execution green and brown field development studies
- Identifying, modeling, and assessing key PT-related risks and uncertainties (i.e. well inflow-outflow & sand stability modelling, completion selection and functional specifications including well shape, sand control, smart equipment, chemical injection, artificial lift, and integrity requirements for both production and injection wells gathering/injection system modelling, well and reservoir management)
- Providing Peer Assistance to other Projects and sharing findings via inter-departmental meetings
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (preferably within Petroleum, Mechanical or Chemical engineering)
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of experience in Production Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in integrating Well and Reservoir modeling into functional
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to integrate technology into solutions
- Demonstrated experience working on diverse, cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders demands and issues on a Global scale
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Solid knowledge of the full range of G&G/PP/RE/PT/WE activities from static to dynamic to well planning to field development
Competitive salary, full benefits + 401K. No visa sponsorship provided at this time.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available