Updated: Jul 19 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Closed - No longer accepting applications
A major engineering company is looking for a Lead Process Engineer to join their team in the Aberdeen.
Reporting to Engineering Manager/Study Manager, this position will be part of the process team responsible for detailed design activities including sizing and specification of equipment, and generation of key process deliverables in line with client requirements and regulatory requirements. Contribution to construction and commissioning activities, and acting as technical resource providing input to other engineering disciplines, may also form part of this role.
- Detailed design activities including sizing and specification of equipment
- Provide high quality Process Engineering and job delivery.
- Ensure that all allocated responsibilities are dealt with accordingly
- Working Closely with Engineering Manager / Study Manager in the management of the workforce.
- Develop strategies within the Team for continued improvement.
- Review / Generate Scopes of requirements and Basis of Design.
- Produce Process designs for Concept and FEED type work and to participate in multidiscipline project teams.
- Process Budget Costing and Control in liaison with Study Manager.
- Technical liaison with client technical authority.
- Guide Team of Engineers and Designers.
- Able to control and manage the team to work within budgets and prepare accurate cost estimates for Concept and FEED type of work.
- The candidate will also be expected to coach and develop younger engineers and draughtsmen.
- Design supervision / checking.
- Proven track record in design & commissioning of multidiscipline projects.
- Able to travel offshore to any of the North Sea Installations. Effective written and spoken communication in English is essential as is the ability to work independently, and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ideal Experience:
- Extensive Oil & Gas or Petrochemical/Refinery experience in a design environment with an engineering contractor or operator
- Demonstrates integrity and accepts responsibility.
- Supervisory skills.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experienced in simulation technology, i.e Aspentech suite, and other process software such as Pipeflow, Flarenet etc.
- Familiar with platform operational requirements.
- Familiar with HAZOP and HAZID procedures
- Familiarity with International design gudelines
- Essential to have full certification to travel to UKNS installations.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available