Updated: Dec 3 2012
||NDT Technician, Pipe Inspection / NDT, QA / QC / Inspection
||No relocation assistance provided
||Odessa, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The primary functions of the NDT Inspector position not limited too but are as follows: conducting the inspection of oilfield equipment and tubulars; training, and work-load permitting. The NDT Inspector will inspect drilling strings and all components therein. Will perform intense manual labor with long work hours and is also expected to be on call 24 hours/day. Additional duties include using inspection tools, such as hand grinders, black light, dry powder, yoke, etc., using water blasters and conveyor systems and assisting in monitoring supplies that are used, (i.e., thread compound, hard wheels, etc.). Will assist in filing all shop paperwork, specifically inspection reports, He or she will double-check all paperwork before submitting to the office for billing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have good communicate skills including reading, speaking and writing English,
- Must have legible handwriting
- Must be able to be on 24 hour call and able to work weekends and holidays if needed.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions.
- Must be able to travel throughout Western US
- Must be able to pass RSC Inspection school after training for continue employment as inspector.
- One year RSC connection experience preferred but willing to train.
- Must have and maintain a good driving record.
- Ability to maintain appropriate safety standards.
NDT Inspection candidates must have experience or have certifications in:
- Leak Testing
- Liquid Penetrant
- Magnetic Particle
- Ultrasonic Testing
- Ultrasonic Thickness
- Eddy Current Testing
- Visual Inspection
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available