Updated: Apr 29 2013
||Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer, Supply Chain Management, tendering, PMP, project management, engineering, contracts
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Subsea 7 is a seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry worldwide. We operate internationally as one group - we are locally sensitive and globally aware, sharing our expertise and experience to create innovative solutions with our clients. We are more than solution providers, we are solution partners - ready to make long-term investments in our people, assets, know-how and relationships in support of our clients.
Our diverse, integrated and dedicated teams are experts in their fields and have a track record of safely and efficiently executing complex projects in harsh and challenging environments. We have the flexibility to respond quickly and sensitively to local demands, leveraging the full strength of our global resources and know-how.
SENIOR SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior SCM Specialist, Tenders is a member of the Supply Chain Management Department reporting directly to the SCM Manager, Projects and Tenders and is responsible for conducting Supply Chain Management activities relative to the pre-award Tendering Project phase of the client contract bidding process in accordance with SCM Policies and Procedures.
GENERIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Proactively support internal clients in the Sales & Marketing, Tendering, Operations and Engineering Departments by taking total responsibility of all SCM activities associated with the pre-award phase of a Tendering Project.
- Manage all pre-award procurement processes through effective communication with and involvement of internal functional interfaces such as Quality Control, Engineering HSEQ, and Legal.
- Participate and conduct tasks as required to pre-qualify suppliers to the Company's Approved Vendor List as necessary and manage and track regional key suppliers within the Supplier Management Database.
- Prepare and develop, in conjunction with the relevant personnel of the internal corporate functional groups, a Tendering Supply Chain Strategy and develop and accurately maintain the required Procurement Plan for each Tendering Project.
- During the pre-award Tendering Project phase, manage and conduct the RFQ process by preparing and issuing RFQ packages to suppliers in accordance with the SCM strategy and as required by the established SCM policies and procedures.
- Manage and conduct the process of performing bid evaluation and supplier selection; evaluate bids, incorporate technical evaluations from Engineering, Quality Analysis, Quality Control and HSE.
- Coordinate and or perform commercial negotiations with suppliers by striving to ensure that the best deal for Subsea 7 is obtained.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders working according to Subsea 7 and SCM processes, the Company's Business Code of Ethics and use of SCM tools and processes.
- Prepare pre-award supplier recommendation documentation.
- Conduct supplier contract negotiations as/when required, using approved forms of contracts in accordance with established SCM policies and procedures.
- Prepare and provide the Monthly Tendering Activity Report to Corporate SCM.
- Conduct meetings with key suppliers relative to Supplier Strategy, Performance, and Quality requirements.
Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering, Business studies, Project Management or Law
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED
The qualified incumbent will have 5 - 7 years experience in the Supply Chain sector of the oil and gas industry (career profile should exhibit increased professional responsibility over time). Additionally, he / she must have 3 - 5 years experience reviewing and negotiating supplier subcontracts and Ts and Cs. He / She should be familiar with the SCM Function in support of Project execution and Tendering. Qualified applicants must have the ability to understand and react with diverse groups and operations and the ability to recognize and resolve conflict. It is imperative for the candidate to be able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines, have excellent analytical and quantitative skills and excellent problem solving skills. SAP experience is a plus.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available