Updated: Jul 18 2012
||Safety Engineering, Process Safety Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Sunbury-On-Thames, United Kingdom
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Major Operator seeks to recruit a Process Safety Engineer with previous experience. This role is based in Sunbury and is offered on a contract basis.
The role is to provide expert consultancy in process safety to the Global Wells Organisation, to drive continuous improvement in design and operations and to provide coaching and development through training courses. The role is will initially cover multiple Regions within one of the Onshore, Offshore and Deepwater Areas. There will be a networking and collaboration role with the Upstream Community of Practice.
The Process Safety Engineer will be required to:
- Maintain specialist expertise that supports the company in the understanding, assessment and active management of major accident hazards and process safety; Provide deep technical expertise in the application of HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, quantified risk a and other process safety
- Provide guidance on the application of Process Safety ETPs to wells and rigs
- Review process safety engineering work and deliverables from engineering contractors and consultants
- Deliver technical training in one or two key areas such as Process Safety Fundamentals
- Assist with updates of relevant Engineering Technical Practices
- Maintain working knowledge of codes, standards, and regulations relevant to process safety.
The post holder will be required to be degree educated - BEng or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or other engineering discipline. Also, it is essential you have a deep knowledge and application of process and process safety, regulatory requirements, industry codes and standards and recommend practices for process equipment and experience in conducting or participation to HAZOPs/HAZID, FMEA, LOPA assessments, strong understanding of upstream processing operations, Instrumentation and Controls, and Process and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs).
Further details will be available to applicants who meet the minimum selection criteria for this role.
To apply for this position please submit your CV, in Word format, accompanied with your notice period and rate/salary expectation.
We will only reply to candidates who meet our minimum selection standards, therefore if you have not heard from us within 7 days, your application will have been unsuccessful.
Applications from candidates who are not authorised to live and work in the UK will not be considered and may be deleted.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available