15+ years oil & gas experience, with a good understanding of available and emerging technologies within the oil & gas industry for development optimization.
- Experience with risk/opportunity decision making processes for developing and applying oil & gas technologies in a fast track development environment.
- Expertise with a wide range of shale gas sub-surface and surface issues.
- Experience with portfolio and project management, in delivering projects on schedule and within budget.
- Technical ability to review projects across a broad range of disciplines.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to condense a wide variety of information into meaningful conclusions around which recommendations to senior management can be made and supported.
- Desire to be innovative, seeking technology to add business value.
- Results orientated, with a commitment to quality, having strong oral and written skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, particularly relationship building, networking, advising and influencing.
- Able to interact with senior managers to plant operators, other oil & gas companies, suppliers, service providers and universities.
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision, interpret issues and decide how and with whom to implement them.
- Propose, coordinate and deliver technology strategies for shale gas.
- Utilize improved predictive methods, drilling and stimulation optimization, and production controls.
- Create, develop, implement, coordinate and lead a shale gas development technology hub.
- Drive the implementation of new technologies to increase identification, drilling and operations for shale gas development.
- Work closely with the regional managers, their teams, and service providers.
- Identify and define research capabilities in potential academic and commercial partners.
- Oversee research efforts regarding production controls and the impact of operations
- Direct studies relating to different technology issues for senior-level management.
- Ensure that HSSE requirements are built into project contracts, that partners are in compliance. Demonstrate safety leadership.
- Monitor the environmental and social impact of onshore operations.
Requires degree in engineering and/or physical sciences with shale gas experience. Prefer petroleum engineering, production technology or reservoir engineering.
- Must be eligible to work in the US and available to travel internationally.
This is an employee position in Houston with a large independent oil company.
Excellent benefit package and bonus plan. Relocation assistance available.
Oilfield Production Consultants (OPC) has a 25 year history of service to the industry, with headquarters in London and offices in Houston, Aberdeen, Kazakhstan and Qatar. Our services include contract and direct placement, training, consulting, projects and studies, field development, reservoir evaluations, reservoir engineering support, well development and testing, completion strategies, sand control and acid evaluations.