International Snubbing Services (ISS), a Superior Energy Services Company, utilizes technology, innovation and imagination to meet the changing needs of its clients and stay ahead of the competition. ISS has a long history in the well control business and is the only company that maintains custom-built equipment strictly for well control applications. This equipment has been specifically designed to handle extreme and hazardous well conditions, even in the most remote of locations. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are EEO/AA employers.
International Snubbing Services (ISS) is currently seeking several Winch Operators to join our global snubbing team in land and offshore operations.
The Winch Operator carries out instructions from the Operator in the operation of the rig and ancillary equipment. ISS maintains an excellent safety record through training, communication, and the philosophy that no job will be done if it cannot be done safely. Our turnover rate of less than 5% is a reflection of ISS's commitment to a fair, safe, and respectful work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in and ensuring correct installation of gin pole and counter balance winch.
- Check all lift cables for kinks, broken wires, end splices, safety links, swivels, shackles and lift nubbins being used are in a safe working order.
- Inspect winch package for correct installation on skid or gin pole and hydraulics for leaks or other visible problems.
- Function test winch equipment when fully rigged up to ensure proper operation.
- Carry out required duties to rig up or rig down, load out or load on, the rig safely.
- Working with the crewmembers and maintaining focus on working safely and efficiently.
- Conduct Critical Function Tests and Weekly Routine Maintenance inspections.
- Provide instructions, information, and training in specific hazards.
- Ensure crew members comply with Company Safe Work Practices.
- Check with relieving Winch Operator about any operational issues, hazards or safety matters that may have developed in the previous shift.
- Report all injuries or near misses, no matter how minor, immediately to the Supervisor/ Operator.
- Attend and take an active role in safety meetings.
- Carry out other duties delegated by the Supervisor/Operator.
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Floorman or Roustabout on a snubbing unit prior to employment as a winch operator.
- The Winch Operator will have understanding of the hazards associated with: critical function testing, weekly routine maintenance, work permit procedures, task analysis, incident reporting and management of change.
- The ability to go on project for weeks at a time as needed. This individual can reside in any reasonably extended commutable distance to Arnaudville, LA
- High School diploma or GED
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan