Shell Exploration & Production Company
Updated: Aug 3 2012
||Instrument & Controls Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||New Orleans, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Shell is seeking an individual to provide senior technical support in the area of Controls & Automation to offshore oil and gas production assets in the USA and Brazil.
As a member of the Technical Assurance Controls & Automation Team,this position will be a key individual responsible for contributing to achieving the key goals of the team:
Additional Responsibilities Include:
• Provide routine surveillance support from One Shell Square in New Orleans to assigned offshore producing assets and drive improvements to minimize deferment and improve safety.
• Provide monitoring,troubleshooting and drive continuous performance improvement in the area of Alarm Management to achieve target alarm rate per hour.
• Provide technical assurance for the controls & automation discipline for projects executed by the Shell Engineering Projects organization.
• Identify operational constraints and reliability risks,and determine cost effective solutions.
• Drive root cause analysis and implement appropriate solutions to prevent reoccurrences of incidents.
• Assist in the development and use of meaningful Key Performance Indicators relative to the discipline.
• Develop C&A philosophies,strategies and conceptual designs during early project phases.
• Work in conjunction with the asset facilities focal points to define and scope small improvement projects to be executed by others.
• Develop practical solutions to improve reliability and reduce deferment from producing assets.
• Develop sound working knowledge of Shell's Alarm Management Philosophy and provide assurance that new projects executed by the Projects organization are delivered in compliance with the philosophy.
• Occassionally,manage/execute minor field improvement projects.
• Actively share and replicate best practices.
• Demonstrate commitment to building a "Safety Focused Culture" by demonstrating safe work practices,taking part in safety meetings and advising relevant personnel of any non-conforming conditions.
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical or related Engineering degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years Controls & Automation engineering experience in offshore oil and gas production operations.
- Demonstratable competencies in the areas of Distributed Control Systems, Data Aquisition Systems, Process Safety Systems, Fire & Gas Systems & Programable Logic Controllers.
- Practical working knowledge of the Shell DEP's and DEM1/DEM2 requirements is desired but not required.
- Demonstrated capability to work independently but yet participate as a member of a team.
- Can prioritize and manage expectations in the case of competing requests from stakeholders
Additionally, the successful applicant shall be competent to lead specific complicated studies or projects involving other disciplines. The candidate must also be an excellent team player, be able to mentor, coach and inspire less experienced team members in own sphere of competencies and integrated areas.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available