Updated: Sep 24 2012
||Charleroi, PA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
- Supervise directional drilling operations on the rig site.
- Supervises the drilling process so that the desired directional well path and target objectives are achieved.
- Control well bore paths, figuring survey computations, bit hydraulics, rate of penetration, and bottom home assemblies.
- Maintain a complete listing of all directional tools and survey equipment on location, and days on location.
- Assist and advises directional drilling trainees.
- Assist in the marketing, sales, and promotion of company products.
- Responsible for rig reporting procedures
- Maintain thorough knowledge of Drilling Systems products and services
- Excellent communication, organization, troubleshooting and teamwork skills
- Maintain positive attitude and a high degree of self-discipline and motivation
- Skilled in the use of MS Word and MS Excel software
- Ability to quickly grasp computer application within the proposed job environment
- Generate concise reports on a daily/weekly basis
- Ability to resolve human resource problems/issues at local level
- Self- sufficient, ability to work under demanding conditions
- Must be available to be on-call 24x7 and will be required to work away from home location for long periods of time
- Must be willing and able to provide job training to employees
- Experience and ability to solve problems and perform with minimal supervision.
- 2+ years of Downhole Drilling Experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Drilling Systems products and services.
- Excellent communication, organization, troubleshooting and teamwork skills. Positive attitude and a high degree of self-discipline and motivation.
- Well developed communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Earth Sciences.
- Ability to work in teams effectively.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
Calls will not be accepted for this position.
Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group, approved search agent for Weatherford International Oil Field Services Ltd, an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available