Peritus International is currently seeking an experienced Subsea Pipeline Engineering Manager for our Houston offices.
- Design of trunklines, export pipelines, in-field flowlines, pipe-in-pipe, bundles, tie-in and riser systems, for the transportation of oil, gas and multi-phase products.
- Working or expert knowledge of flowline and pipeline riser systems with in-depth understanding of static/dynamic interfaces enabling ability to work closely with riser engineering team.
- Define clients' requirements and to understand their technical and economic drivers.
- Evaluate new technologies that add value Maintain coordination with all team members for information, specific job scope and efficient design.
- Actively cooperate with members of the project task force, client personnel, vendors and contractors in order to successfully execute the scope of the undertaking.
- Understand client expectations, as determined by the team, and constantly strive to achieve or better these.
- Provide interface management to all project disciplines in the area of pipeline engineering as required for the execution of the scope of the undertaking.
- Meet commitments made to clients, individually or as a team, to complete work by certain dates or within agreed man-hour or cost budgets.
- Look for ways to reduce project cost and schedule and for ways to improve our work processes. Excellent written and oral skills, including preparation of presentations and papers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team participation.
- Ability to build a strong pipeline engineering team and train/mentor junior engineers.
- Be able to design, perform and interpret advanced technology pipeline studies using outside research firms, if needed, for new field development approaches.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- BS or MS in Mechanical, Structural or Civil Engineering
- Minimum 10 years in design of subsea pipelines
- Registered PE in the state of Texas is preferable but not required.
- Proficiency in the use of software for: Wall Thickness Design, Upheaval Buckling Design, Free-Span Design, Stability Design, Expansion Design, Cathodic Protection Design, Environmental Loading; Pressure Drop; Temperature Profile, and Heat Transfer Analysis.
- Bathymetry Data Management, route engineering and spanning analysis and generation of alignment sheets.
- Knowledge and application of BS8010, DnV, AS2885, NPD, ASME, IP6, API, ISO, BOSS and other internationally recognized codes and standards
Peritus International offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Flexible Work Hours
- Paid Time Off
- 401k matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Children's Scholarship/Intern Program
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental and Vision Coverage
Peritus provides advanced subsea and floating systems engineering and project management services for field development and transportation systems to offshore projects across the globe, with a particular focus on difficult and deepwater environments. Peritus provides services in all phases of project development from concept evaluation through Front End Engineering Design (FEED), detailed design, PMC, EPCM, construction, commissioning and operations with a strong competence in Concept Evaluation and FEED. Peritus' business model works on a global network of regional engineering centres which enable specialised skills, knowledge and expertise to be shared across global operations. This model delivers lower cost, technically superior subsea and marine solutions for clients.