Eni International Resources Limited
Updated: Jul 19 2012
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Atyrau, drilling rigs and rig building site locations, Kazakhstan
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Advises in all matters concerning the design of new drilling rigs or upgrading of existing rigs, as well as drilling rig operation, maintenance and asset management. Monitors ongoing drilling operations and rig activity and advises Agip-KCO and drilling contractors on time and cost-effective solutions in areas of sub-standard performance. Supports drilling rig operations and rig mobilisation/moves from rig and equipment point of view, in order to reduce downtime and improve safety and efficiency. Participates in the conceptual, basic and detailed design of new drilling rigs and other utilities. Takes an active part in their procurement and fabrication. Verifies and approves the pre-commissioning, commissioning and acceptance tasks for the drilling and utility units necessary for the development and appraisal of oil fields in Northern Caspian Sea.
Coordinates Well Emergency Response Strategy.
Main Job Function:
The job holder will be responsible for:
• Monitoring drilling rigs maintenance status and drilling contractors performance.
• Investigation and advise on substandard rig performance.
• Conducting meetings with well operations team and drilling contractors concerning rig and equipment matters.
• Working out proposals for rig upgrading.
• Delivering the project technical standards and specification.
• Participation in the tender evaluation process.
• Reviewing engineering and follow up on the basic and detailed design.
• Reviewing, verification and approving of the pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures.
• Reviewing of the final documentation for the drilling units acceptance.
• Acceptance of the equipment for handover to District Operations Department.
• Reviewing documentation and bridging documents as produced by the rig contractor related to HSE and well control response plan.
• Coordination of the development of Well Emergency Response Strategy.
Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment by following:
• Kazakhstan Statutory Health, Safety & Environmental Regulations.
• Agip KCO's Corporate Health, Safety & Environment standards and Policy and applying Agip KCO's Safety Management Systems.
• International Oilfield standards and best practises.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• The job holder will act as an interface between members of well operations team for day to day rig operations.
• The job holder will act as an interface between project team discipline engineers and the team management for development of new design or upgrades.
• The job holder has interfaces with operations manager for matters concerning well emergency strategy.
• The job holder will liaise with rig contractors, main equipment suppliers, service companies and certifying authorities for applying above responsibilities.
Qualifications & Experience:
The job holder must have:
• Engineer Qualification.
• Considerable years of experience in the Oil & Gas Industry.
• Experience in onshore and offshore drilling operations.
• Experience in drilling projects from operators as well as drilling contractors side.
• Experience in management of drilling rig assets in marine environment.
• Outstanding HSE & Q record.
• Valid International Well Control Forum certification, supervisor level.
• Knowledge of well control response plan, blow out control response plan strategy and preparation.
The job holder must have proven knowledge and experience on previous land and offshore rig project execution, very good knowledge of offshore engineering practices and oilfield standards.
• Communication skills, verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge of RoK business environment.
• Ability to work in team environment in a managerial function.
The position are to be filled by two persons on rotation, which requires the incumbents to work in a disciplined manner with rigid controls to ensure continuity and consistency, and hence the integrity of the work.
The incumbent will be based in Atyrau but he shall work as required in the off-shore locations for any period of time within scheduled rotation periods.
Assignment Type: Rotational (28/28)
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available