Mile High Energy Solutions
Updated: Aug 1 2012
||Business Development, Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Technician, Construction Equipment, Oil and Gas Services, Aggregate
||100K+ Annually (DOE)
||Williston, ND, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The principal function of service manager is to manage the service department in a manner to meet the dealership objectives by effectively scheduling and supervising the service department employees to ensure repair work is performed in a professional and safe method and that all necessary administration is handled promptly. This includes communication with customers, vendors, explaining and selling service work, the prompt and accurate billing of customers, internal and warranty work, maintaining a properly equipped and clean service shop, monitoring service sales and profitability and insuring the shop stays busy year around.
• Responsible for handling all customer inquiries and communications. This includes advising customers of repair estimates, proper maintenance schedules and techniques, resolving customer complaints, and ensuring that we are "delighting" the customer.
• Understand the financial drivers of the service department. Manage the department to ensure that the department meets or exceeds goals.
• Responsible for marketing the service department and ensuring that there is adequate work flowing through the service department to ensure a consistent income stream.
• Recruit, hire, and maintain an effective workforce for the service department.
• Responsible for managing the workflow within the service department. This includes effectively managing work schedules, employee schedules, customer work orders, and the overall schedule for the service department.
• Ensure a safe work environment and ensure that all department employees understand and follow all safety policies and procedures.
• Ensure that the service department has the proper supplies and tools to be efficient and effective.
• Work with the Parts Manager, Field Marketers and the Store Manager to ensure that the Store runs efficiently and effectively and that we are "delighting" the customer
• Be a role model in the areas of environmental health and safety.
• Responsible for scheduling the safe delivery and pickup of all equipment.
• Ensure that all semis and company vehicles have the proper permits and licenses and that all policies and procedures are followed in accordance with Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations pertaining to semis and other company vehicles. This includes ensuring that drivers follow all applicable company and government regulations and laws.
• Responsible for the upkeep and overall appearance of the service department, company vehicles, and the dealership's yard.
• Responsible for all administrative work associated with the service department including work order and warranty claim administration.
• Responsible for the ongoing training and development of all service department employees.
• And other duties as assigned by the Store Manager
o 5 or more years of work experience in related service operations
o Ability to effectively lead and manage people
o Effective at time management and multi-tasking
o Comprehensive understanding of internal and external business
o Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
o Ability to effectively and efficiently resolve employee and customer conflicts
o Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-pace, changing environment
o Demonstrated client service skills and the ability to develop strong business relationships
o Demonstrated strong negotiation and closing skills
o Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
o Excellent organizational skills
o Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines efficiently
o Keen attention to detail and a high level of initiative and ability to work independently
o Strong computer skills including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
o Clean driving record
• Able to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment.
• Able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Able to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time
• Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
• Able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone
• Able to lift and move up to 50 - 100 pounds when required.
• Manage all aspects of the business of the assigned Store
• Work with all Department Managers and the sales team to optimize the business
• Responsible for the staffing and employee development at their Store
• Participate in knowledge sharing across the Company and the implementation of best practices at their Store
• Ensure that company polices and processes are being followed
• Work with all Department Managers to meet or exceed the performance goals for their Store
• Grow the business through organic "same store" growth
• Work with the sales team through the CRM process to maximize sales through efficient sales and marketing efforts and building strong customer relationships
• Reinforce and kindle the entrepreneurial spirit of the Store in line with the autonomy and decision making.
• Minimum of 5 years of management experience in the Agriculture or Construction Equipment business or a related industry
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills including personal integrity and character
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated client service skills and the ability to develop strong business relationships
• Demonstrated strong negotiation and closing skills
• Demonstrated sales skills including the ability to sell opportunities, ideas, and concepts
• Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
• Excellent organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines efficiently
• Keen attention to detail and a high level of initiative and ability to work independently
• Strong computer skills including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time and work flexible hours
• Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate team of employees to achieve successful results
• Understanding of financial statements and ability to develop operating budgets
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available