Engineer II - Pipeline Facilities Engineering
GATS Job #: 20245 Department: Engineering
Classification: exempt Reports To: XXXXXXXXX
Date Posted: 03.21.12 Location: Houston, TX - Bellaire Office
WorleyParsons is currently looking to hire an experienced Pipelines Facilities Engineer II that is focused on the delivery of innovative solutions for the oil and gas industry. This is a direct hire opportunity in Houston Texas.
• Develop Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs) for various production and utility facilities.
• Develop Request for Quote (RFQ) packages for equipment purchase, fabrication and installation services.
• Develop general project and equipment specifications for equipment purchase, fabrication and installation services as well as develop equipment datasheets.
• Develop piping specifications for various pressure classes and fluid services.
• Support development of cost estimates for modifications to existing facilities and/or fabrication of new facilities and perform basic design and sizing of mechanical equipment such as pressure vessels, piping systems, pumps, utility equipment, safety equipment and other miscellaneous items.
• Review client specifications and ensure design of equipment and systems are in compliance with specs and perform technical evaluation and review of vendor bids for production equipment, fabrication and installation services
• Experience in Offshore Facilities strongly preferred.
• BS engineering degree or equivalent and previous onshore/offshore facility design experience is required.
• PE License in Texas preferred but will accept PE License in any state.
• Must be able to read, understand and develop Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs), and Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) for upstream (oil field) process design.
• Must be able to read, understand, and comply with Piping Specifications and API RP 14E.
• Must be able to develop Request for Quote (RFQ) packages for equipment purchase.
• Must be able to read and comply with project equipment specifications and understand the basic equipment operating principles for separators, pumps and compressors.
• Must be familiar with API RP 14C, Recommended Practice for Analysis, Design, Installation and Testing of Basic Surface Safety Systems for Offshore Production Platforms
General attributes required of all WorleyParsons employees include:
Zero Harm, Action Orientation, Building Effective Business Relationships, Commitment, Customer Focus, Dealing with Change, Drive for Results, Integrity and Trust, and Basic Leadership Skills.
WorleyParsons is a leading global provider of technical, project and operational support services to our customers. Our comprehensive network enables us to provide local support to our customers backed by global expertise across the Oil & Gas, Power, Mining, and Infrastructure & Environment industries. WorleyParsons' global footprint continues to expand with a total workforce of approximately 37,800 people operating from more than 148 offices in 48 countries. We were ranked #1 International Design firm by Engineering News-Record (ENR) in 2011!
WorleyParsons US Operations provide Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management services across our 24 US offices with outstanding health, safety and environmental performance. To deliver these services, WorleyParsons functions as the sole supplier, member of a joint venture, a subcontractor, or a local contractor. We also operate within formalized alliances, partnerships, and consortiums. Our US Operations include global centers of engineering expertise in refining, sulphur technology, arctic developments, topsides, subsea systems, deepwater facilities, nuclear power, and renewable energy. These hubs support domestic customers as well as the execution of mega-projects for international customers in Brazil, China, Russia, West Africa and Saudi Arabia, among others.
OneWay™ is WorleyParsons global initiative to incorporate health, safety and environment in all aspects of our business. We have a vision of zero harm to people, the environment and assets. OneWay™ is our means of achieving this. Apply today to be a part of the WorleyParsons team of unique and impressive professionals!
WorleyParsons Group is an equal opportunity employer.