Shell Pipe Line Company LP
Updated: Aug 3 2012
||Electrician, Electronics Tech
||Gibson, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Offshore Craft Electrical Technician is responsible for the maintenance and repair of a wide range of electrical equipment and instrumentation on pipeline pump stations, terminals, and deepwater facilities that Shell Pipeline provides services. Work in unison with other technicians and local Operations personnel to schedule and execute regulatory inspections, preventative maintenance, and reactive/breakdown maintenance identified during inspections. Other customer needs are assessed daily to assure all field equipment is safe and reliable for operation and maintained per approved R&I plans and that appropriate resources are available to meet customer needs.
- Service equipment ranging from 4160 VAC switchgear to 24 VDC instrumentation.
- Support motors, electrical systems, switchgear, instrumentation, generators, PLC, communication equipment, and motor controls.
- Interact daily with other Craft Technicians, Craft Maintenance Supervisors, Operations Supervisors and their staff.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels in the organization and strong Process Discipline.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- High School Diploma or Technical degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in I&E (Instrumentation & Electrical) discipline.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Fitness to work physical for remote location.
- HUET (Helicopter Underwater Egress Training) or ability to obtain.
- TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) card or ability to obtain.
- Able to travel and work Offshore.
- Able to work 7/7 offshore rotating schedule and respond to call outs as need it.
- Maintenance and Operations experience in Crude Oil.
- Proven project execution experience.
- Broad knowledge of station logic and instrument protective functions.
- Demonstrated experience in the execution of preventive and reactive maintenance in the electrical discipline.
- Experience troubleshooting electrical systems and controls.
- Experience with Finished Products and Chemicals on pipeline assets is preferred.
- Maintenance experience of geographically dispersed assets preferred.
- Previous experience in failure analysis and equipment reliability preferred.
- Cost and Budget management experience preferred.
- Ability to navigate and query reports in SAP and other software preferred.
- Procurement and work scheduling experience preferred.
The Shell Group offers an outstanding benefits package. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available