Shell Pipe Line Company LP
Updated: Aug 3 2012
||Contracts Administration, PR / Corporate Communications, Process Management
||Saint James, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Pipeline Communications Liaison will be accountable for a broad and ever changing range of duties. These duties could include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and make formal presentations on Shell Pipeline's Public Awareness and Asset Integrity.
- Processes to the four stake holder groups required in API 1162 and the following:
- Governmental Agencies
- Planning and Zoning Commissions
- State and Federal Agencies
- Community Interest Groups
- Organize and attend Pipeline System meetings as required by API 1162.
- Represent the Gulf of Mexico Cluster in all areas of Public Awareness including the implementation of the program, coordination with the community of practice, meetings with appropriate target groups, and measurement of continuous improvement.
- Support and implement comprehensive social performance, community outreach and communications plans.
- Coordinate l networking and effectively build coalitions of diverse stakeholders.
- Maintain Region Summary Presentations for use at meetings and document results of meeting.
- Identify high risk areas near Pipeline assets in Risk Assessment Meetings.
- Accumulate contact liaison forms and data.
- Assist in development of Baseline and Supplemental plans as defined by API 1162.
- Execute Public Awareness implementation plans for special campaigns.
- Attend Root Cause Analysis meetings for third party damage.
- Develop and implement strategy for Membership and Donations.
- Participate as a member of various industry and public organizations.
- Manage mailing of information to public and respond appropriately to feedback received.
- Develop and implement community education programs and perform training as required.
- Identify social/community impacts and stakeholders key concerns, developing mitigation measures that generate positive results for Shell and community.
- Contribute to the development of relevant management strategies e.g. Social Performance, Sustainable Development, stakeholder engagement, social investment, and internal/external communication.
- Participate in the development of external messages and overall story line for Public Awareness Program and Social Performance Plan.
- Liaise with relevant internal teams e.g. Project Management, Operations, HSSE, Regional CX, Engineering, and Commercial.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Studies, Anthropology, Communications, Political Science, Development, Environmental Affairs, and Social Geography OR five (5) years of equivalent experience preferred.
- Must have current TWIC card or have the ability to obtain one.
- Minimum five (5) years of Pipeline experience required.
- Minimum three (3) years experience working in Communications, Social Performance emergency response, or related field required.
- Documented experience in the oil, gas, public utilities, or mining sectors in the area of Communication or Social Performance is preferred.
- Previous experience developing, delivering, presenting reports, communications and briefings to key stakeholders.
- Previous experience working in ethnically diverse communities is preferred.
- Fluent in the English language; Bi/Multi-lingual in Spanish and other languages preferred.
- Previous documented experience managing budgets, cost control, and contract management.
- Documented experience successfully working in an environment with competing priorities, projects, and initiatives.
- Proven ability successfully collaborating with internal and external stakeholders across multiple functions and levels.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required.
- Familiarity with 49CFR-195 electric code and the implementation of API 1162 is preferred.
The Shell Group offers an outstanding benefits package. No phone inquiries will be accepted.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available